GeForce2 MX400 slow gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Help (NVIDIA GeForce2 64mb MX/MX 400)

Today i've re-installed Win ME and ALL games seem to be slower. The graphics seem fine but the games are un-playable due to the fact the games are too slow.
This happens with unreal tournament & soldier of fortune.
I've tried installing the new drivers from nvidia but still slow.
The hardware acceleration is on MAX.
If it helps here is my computer info.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Intel x86 Family 15 Model 0 Stepping 7, 1400MHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 42MB used, 1750MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 7.1 (4.07.01.3000)

Please, if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.

Hi JM,

Re-install? OEM config? If so, I'd suggest you go to 'Windows Update' & download the updates for your system. Get DirectX 8.1 while you're at it. :)

Also go to Intel & get the "Intel Application Accelerator" & the "Software Installation Utility" (1st) for it. There is also a program for the P4's, but since I don't have one ... All are designed to speed up drive(s)/processor data transfer. :cool:

I *think* Windows ME requires special drivers on some of the programs. Make sure you're getting ME compatible programs. You mention "slower". Slower than ... ? I've found the nVidia 23.11 Win9x-ME driver to work quite well w/my Win98SE. I believe it is available at www.3dguru.com , might try it after the 'updates' & the 'AA' from Intel. :grinthumb

HTH & let us know,

If so, I'd suggest you go to 'Windows Update' & download the updates for your system.

I recently reformatted and reinstalled ME as well.Ihad changed my vid card before the re-install. (from GF2mx 400 to GF4mx 440)
After re-install I got only garbage on screen above 6 x 4 res. So went to MS update and got universal plug and play update.( damn the net looks ugly @ 6 x 4). Might help--might not.

And as JAV says get DX8.1

Thank you BOTH for your replies.
I downloaded the full windows update package and downloaded "Intel Application Accelerator" & the "Software Installation Utility" and the games work perfectly.
I can't thank you guys enough :)
THANKS.

Originally posted by JerryMaguire
Thank you BOTH for your replies.
I downloaded the full windows update package and downloaded "Intel Application Accelerator" & the "Software Installation Utility" and the games work perfectly.
I can't thank you guys enough :)
THANKS.
Hmmm..... wierd, usually updates help but going from unplayable to perfect is quite an update. Wonder what specifically fixed it?

When i bought the computer it already had ME installed along with various other software, so they probably had all the updates installed?
Then i had to go and wipe all the important drivers off the hd
:rolleyes:

Jerry,

Good deal! I'm glad I was able to help & it turned out to be as simple as it was. :grinthumb

Play time now. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back