GeoHot raps about Sony PS3 hacking lawsuit, video inside

Emil

Staff

It seems that PlayStation 3 jailbreaker George Hotz, also known as GeoHot, isn't too pleased that Sony took away his hardware. Apparently he has decided to vent his anger in a rap song (video embedded below, MP3 available at MultiUpload) as part of The Light It Up Contest.

Sony's legal attacks against the hackers that released the PS3 root key and custom firmware began last month. The group known as fail0verflow is accused of posting a rudimentary hack in December 2010 after finding security codes for the PS3. It was refined by GeoHot weeks later when he independently found and published the PS3 root key. The resulting hacks allow homebrew apps and pirated software to run on unmodified consoles. Sony is still threatening to sue anybodyposting or distributing PS3 jailbreak code, and that a federal judge order Google and Twitter to surrender details of anyone who looks at the illegal content. This is despite the fact that Sony accidentally tweeted the PlayStation 3 security key earlier this week.

We're wondering if it might make more sense for Sony Computer Entertainment to withdraw the lawsuit and have Sony BMG Music Entertainment sign the guy instead. What do you think? If you didn't catch everything he said, check out the lyrics below, taken from the video's description, in which GeoHot also says "Sony you got some rappers signed, right? Come at me bro" and "Shouts to Heretic East for the beat, Street Light for the contest, Karmaloop Codes for sponsoring the contest, and SCEA for suing me":

Yo it's geohot
And for those that don't know
I'm getting sued by Sony

Let's take this out of the courtroom and into the streets
I'm a beast, at the least, you'll face me in the northeast
Get my ire up, light my fire
I'll go harder than Eminem went at Mariah
Call me a liar
Pound me in the ass with no lube, chafing
You're fucking with the dude who got the keys to your safe and
Those that can't do bring suits
Cry to your Uncle Sam to settle disputes
Thought you'd tackle this with a little more tact
But then again fudgepackers, I don't know Jack

I shed a tear everytime I think of Lik Sang
But shit man, they're a corporation
And I'm a personification of freedom for all
You fill dockets, like thats a concept foreign to y'all
While lawyers muddy water and TROs stall
Out of business is jail for me
And you're suing me civilly

Exhibit this in the courtroom
Go on, do it, I dare you

Permalink to story.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE! Geohot leaked the ps3 root key to jump start his rise to fame as a rapper! How did we not see it?

:p

For me GeoHot has felled from a good defender of the technological rights of owners vs the big greedy companies, to a tard that just wants attention, Chris Pirillo is more up in my list than you, and i hate that guy.

btw tank you for all the time my bro couldn't play in my PS3, he has been really happy filling it watching tv......

What a baby. He maliciously hacks a company's product; intentionally harming them and a sleu of other companies, then whines about being sued? He deserves it.

Guest said:
What a baby. He maliciously hacks a company's product; intentionally harming them and a sleu of other companies, then whines about being sued? He deserves it.

So I'm guessing you used the word maliciously without knowing what it means.

princeton said:
"So I'm guessing you used the word maliciously without knowing what it means. "

Sorry, I meant to say "innocently".

Guest said:
princeton said:
"So I'm guessing you used the word maliciously without knowing what it means. "

Sorry, I meant to say "innocently".

Yah, I thought it would be more like that :p. Though you could definitely say the codes he released are being used for malicious purposes.

I guess he hacked those rhymes too...!!! He is a thief and a scum to society...worthless matter taking up space. Douche like these mess things up for law abiding game-loving citizens who are willing to pay for their games and who appreciates the developers for such work of arts.

I guess he thinks he's a big bad-***** now huh? Go making rap song/video...Well guess what Geo-H.. U just blacklisted yourself an dont even realize it.

He's a IT geniuous freeking out all big companies with overpriced products - can't protect their systems.....

As for me - boicot Sony......too bad Apple didn't take them over

You guys are a bunch of retards!!! Sony violated every single one of it's customers when they disabled operating systems such as Linux to oporate on the ps3. Why should I not be able to isntall nintendo, sega or atari ROMS on my ps3?

GeoHot did not start piracy of ps3 games on the ps3. What he did was allow people to use their ps3 as they feel like? Why is it wrong for one to be able to save your game onto ur hard drive like on an xbox? Who should be punish are those that use this code "maliciously" to pirate games and gain trophies that they did not earn!

Freedom to the people and the devices that they own! And punishment to those that illegally abuse this freedom!

Retards? Really? Sony did not violate any consumer rights, the only thing they violated were a few crybabies feelings. What is with today's generation? They have some sort of delusion that they are owed more then they are. Don't get me wrong, Sony is being kind of a jerk on some of the stuff they do, but the other side is so much more distasteful.

Guest said:
I guess he hacked those rhymes too...!!! He is a thief and a scum to society...worthless matter taking up space. Douche like these mess things up for law abiding game-loving citizens who are willing to pay for their games and who appreciates the developers for such work of arts.

I guess he thinks he's a big bad-***** now huh? Go making rap song/video...Well guess what Geo-H.. U just blacklisted yourself an dont even realize it.

Guest said:

you are a hater just because the man is smarter than you are , as long as there is poor there will be smart people not like you would know that.

Geohot is publishing cfw ala jailbreak on the iphone which is 100% legal - hes not telling people to pirate, thats individuals choice.

Hero who raps - awesome dude

Funny thing is that most of the people bitching own iphones. Without geohot you wouldnt have an iphone or a jailbreak or if you have tmobile or any otehr company you wouldnt have had any of it. **** the haters. If i buy something I want to own it. You cant tell me what to do with it. If i buy a ps3 I can do w.e the **** I want with it. I can throw it across the room. O wait sonys gonna sue me if a break their precious console.

Actually Prosercunus Sony did violate laws. When I bought the ps3 the deciding factor in me buying it over the 360 was the fact I could install linux and run a server on it... that's it, that was why I bought it. Of course I still like my games so I thought this was perfect, when not in use for games I could run a server. Then Sony decides to take that feature (which is something they advertised and the reason I bought it) away under threat of not playing online and playing new games. There are multiple laws that are meant to protect consumers from this type of action. It would be no different to buy a car and the deciding factor was a feature that was later remotely removed. Now you no longer want or need the car but can't get your money back, and have no real recourse except to try and turn that feature back on for yourself.

So you do, and are now being sued. Advertised features should not be removed from those who bought a product for said features. I still believe the Judge was paid off but even still $ony will lose. Sony lost all respect from me. I will tell you what Sony is doing right now is downright stupid. If they win (I doubt it though) which is a long shot, they will still screw themselves over. What George and everyone else was doing, was done in the open. Everyone including Sony had all the source code provided and information provided about how the security was cracked. Everything they needed to do to fix the problem was handed to them on a silver platter. However they think that suing everyone involved and even people who simply watched videos about it is going to scare off future talent from hacking their system again (and future systems)... let me tell you they are not scared they will simply stop posting the information publicly.

Right now information is being traded in private instead of publicly. When new software is done instead of being posted on a blog with all information about it provided, it will be posted online in a manner to conceal the identity of the creator and everyone will redistribute it making sure it can't be taken down. I for one am tired of Sony and this is the last straw. They like to steal **** and claim it as their own and profit off of it (like the vibration feature that caused themselves to be sued and had to settle it out of court because they knew they were in the wrong) then they install root kits on music cd's opening people's computers to intrusions, and now this (and a new rootkit for the console). I'm done and since the life of the playstation division I have spent thousands on Sony products, not just the consoles. But I'm done. Jailbreaking is legal, even if this case is decided in favor of Sony I will continue to support jailbreaking as a legal past time. Laws that go against rights are void in my eyes.

hahahaha lol come on thats funny... Go B-rabbit (he was comparing himself to Eminem soo...) and btw KID thank you =)

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee at last thank God almighty free at last.

P.S. Guys im still waiting a guy to hack the Nagra 3

Back