Inactive Getting a csrss.exe / Bitcoin miner related problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3claimer

Twice now I've found that csrss, and a different exe, vcsrss, have been found in a folder with dll files named coineng.dll, miner.dll and the like. I'd tried to shut off the programs in task manager, but found that they autostart themselves instantly, so I never had time to delete them. However, I did find that shutting off internet access allowed me to end the programs and wipe the folder in AppData clean. My computer had been running very slowly, and I figured out that my computer had somehow been infected with (by the name of the .dll's, im going to make a wild guess) a bitcoin mining malware/virus or whatever you want to call it.

The first time I figured that I wouldn't have the problem again, I didn't worry about it. But it's appeared now, a few weeks later. I thought about scanning for some potential threat elsewhere on my computer, but seeing as I've deleted the source of the CPU slow off the computer, I doubt MSE is going to alert me to anything, but I know what the programs are named, so is there any possible way to use MSE or something else to prevent the exe's and .dll's from getting into / running on my computer again? I can still run MSE just in case, but a full scan last time didn't pick anything up, and I don't foresee that outcome changing.

Any help or information on the topic would be much appreciated. If you need any info from me (like the steps from the sticky thread, if those are applicable [though I didn't think so since I kind of know what the problem is]) just let me know what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back