TechSpot

Getting new RAM

1. So, i am planning on getting new ram, because my old ram doesn't work very well.
    Here is one that i am looking at right now:http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=69DF5C3CA5CA7304
    Does anyone have better suggestions? Also, since this ram doesnt have any reviews, if you have it, could you let me know if its good? Thanks in advance.

2. Codisha

Codisha TS Member Posts: 66

that is a nice although the picture on the crucial site is a bit confusing.
    the once on the bottom (pic) is the one you actually get.

1600mhz at cas 8 is pretty decent and the price is good too

3. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

The top picture is of the new addition to the Crucial Ballistix lineup- it has an inbuilt thermal sensor (2x2Gb review here). For that little addition to the modules you'll be paying a hefty premium.
    From a value for money perspective, you're better off going with the standard Ballistix(yellow heatspreader) modules -same specs 1600 @ 8-8-8-24...assuming you're quite happy to stick with Crucial RAM

5. thesurvivor190

thesurvivor190 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 68

6. pVk

pVk TS Rookie Posts: 16

gskill

Gskill ram have some really solid products very low fail rate

7. thesurvivor190

thesurvivor190 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 68

Could you give me some suggestions for gskill ram? Links, product reviews etc.

8. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

Use their configurator
    here:http://www.gskill.com/configurator.php
    Then plug in the appropriate model number in the search engine of choice.
    i.e. "F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM review" -also throw the 3Gb and 4Gb part numbers (-3GBRM and -4GBRM (in this case) into a search as well since reviews of either will suffice.
    There is very little variance in RAM performance, so most reviews tend to concentrate on overclocking results- getting to a higher bandwidth for less expense- pay for DDR3-1333, clock it to -1600 type scenario.
    G.Skill, like Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, Mushkin and Patriot (to name a few) offers a lifetime warranty

EDIT:
    I've you had read the review link I posted you wouldn't need to ask
    More is better if you are using applications that can utilize it
    You mean the same modules I recommended in my last post...

Maybe you should read your motherboard manual.
    Chapter 2, page 13:
    "According to Intel CPU spec, DIMM's with voltage requirement over 1.65v may damage the CPU permanently. We recommend you install the DIMMs with a voltage requirement below 1.65v"