Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 'Super Overclock' Reviewed

The triple fans seems noisy, I wished there were test for measuring noise level with this card. (And I'm really curious)

Guest said:
The triple fans seems noisy, I wished there were test for measuring noise level with this card. (And I'm really curious)

Its near silent, so there is very little noise which is the idea behind the triple fans.

I have the Gigabyte 570OC with a similar cooler. I love how quiet it is. A huge difference over my loud 295GTX.

The OC Guru software it comes packaged with is very slick.

So exactly what is the Gigabyte GTX 590 that I see in the benchmarks? I Googled it and received nothing back.

I'd rather spend an extra $100 and buy a hd 6990, it will give much more performance and I can also tolerate the noise.

I've had two SOC series cards (one being 560 running in my current rig) and I don't have a single complaint about them. I could say I'm a fanboi but these reviews prove that I don't have to be.

TomSEA said:

So exactly what is the Gigabyte GTX 590 that I see in the benchmarks? I Googled it and received nothing back.

The 590 and the AMD 6990 are dual GPU cards. here's a link. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=GTX+590
I've read a review and they perform about the same as a base GTX 580 in SLI if I remember right, but they're hotter and louder. The 6990 I recall was criticized for being extremely loud, but it was I think deemed the 'fastest' (at highest res) 'single' (even though it has two GPUs) card you could buy, even if it's not very practical.

Asus and EVGA have the distribution rights for the GTX 590 in North America. You'll need to go farther afield to find the Gigabyte version (which comes in a tacky tackle-box). Locally (NZ) available here, here, here, here, and here (amongst others)

Nice review Steve. Glad to to such a comprehensive suite of games be benched yet again.

funny how they complained about the 1536 Vram size when in fact not a single game in their benchmarks showed that it ran out of memory, and at the same time they praised AMD cards for having more ram, lol.

hey look at me, i got more ram and im better than you even though im trailing by 30fps, lol.

funny how they complained about the 1536 Vram size when in fact not a single game in their benchmarks showed that it ran out of memory, and at the same time they praised AMD cards for having more ram, lol.

hey look at me, i got more ram and im better than you even though im trailing by 30fps, lol.

From where I am sitting its not half as funny as the guy who doesn't know what he is talking about. Its the resolution more than the game that is the problem for the memory buffer as 2560x1600 and greater maxes it out...

Read this for a better understanding...

https://www.techspot.com/review/390-triple-monitor-gaming-performance/

Back