Gigabyte GT 430 HDMI version?

LeeRichLuck

Hi Peeps,
I just got my box of googies to start a new build but i am trying to get a HDMI cable for the GT430.

In the description for the card it says its a type 'C' but all i can see on the cable side of things are types like 1.3b or V1.4 ?

So i have selected this cable...

Xenta Gold Plated V1.4 HDMI

Would it be ok to use with this graphics card ?

Gigabyte GT430

Thanks for any info offered ;)

Regards,

Yeah, if can plug in the standard TV type HDMI cable to your video card, you're golden.

The "1.3 or 1.4" issue, (or perhaps hype), pertains to data throughput, and not the physical connection configuration, so even type 1.3 will suffice for 1080p.

The 2 Gigabyte boards I have with IGP, take the standard HDMI cable, same as you would use to hook up a Blu-Ray or DVD player to your TV.

As CC said.

The GT430 is HDMI 1.3 spec.
The change to HDMI 1.4a allows for 3D HDTV/PC gaming and ethernet capability principally over the older 1.3 specification.

As for types of connection...Type C is the correct name for mini-HDMI socket/plug (Type A is the conventional sized connection) , so typically, the cable will be labelled as "Type C to Type A" or similar.

I think I'm on the same page as everybody with the cable situation. This is a mini HDMI to standard HDMI adapter. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270287 This would allow the use of standard M-M full size cables, the same as used by TV, DVD, and Blu-Ray players.
The only mini to standard cable I saw in a quick shopping trip to Newegg was this:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882379118
It's only 6' long, and quite pricey.

Depending on your needs, you should be able to buy a much longer HDMI cable + the adapter for less money overall. Just match up the pictures with your Video card outputs.

Newegg doesn't use the A or C type connector designations, but I think these are what DBZ is talking about.

With the newer Sandy Bridge IGP platform, it still seems to me that the Gigabyte H-xx boards have the best connectivity "solution", as all four types of video connectors are represented., (and have been since certain G-41 boards).

Sandy should run Blu-Ray at full rez, but there is still the issue of framing rate that you pointed out a while back. (I'm assuming that it is actually an issue).

The "K" model unlocked multiplier chips, have a step up VGA in them.

(Just making conversation).

lol thats good info peeps, thankyou ;) its good to check before you buy and its good others like youz know the score. Again, Thanks.

lol thats good info peeps, thankyou ;) its good to check before you buy and its good others like youz know the score. Again, Thanks.
DBZ has a point about size and space issues on the back of the video card. I would be a good idea to measure to determine if the adapter route would work out for you, before jumping in.

Back