Gigabyte teases customizable, high-res UEFI for Haswell motherboards

By Shawn Knight
May 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Intel isn’t the only company working hard to prepare new products for the next-generation Haswell platform. Gigabyte is working to revamp their UEFI on Haswell motherboards and judging from a teaser shot that recently found its way to Facebook, there...

Read more
  2. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 488   +75

Awesome that seems like a pretty big improvement. I usually go with Gigabyte motherboards as well.
  3. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

About time they made the bios screen resolution friendly. Just bring our the motherboards already stop teasing.
  4. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 951   +98

My BIOS still with the good ol' blue background and white text, this really makes me drool! ;)
  5. Wow, now that's a BIOS screen!
  6. Every one calls the CMOS ..BIOS .. when in fact .. BIOS is the software that boots first.. then gives you the option to enter the CMOS .. settings.

then you complete your POST ... and start the OS booting ..

that is how it was done up until Sandybrige ? .. when UEFI took place ?

any ways .. im old school!
  7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 942   +94

Hopefully ASUS was shaking their finger at this screenshot when they saw it...
    Burty117 likes this.
  8. I was relieved to see that there is an "F2 Classic Mode" choice. With the plethora of choices and settings, it can make an old-timer's head spin.
  9. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,714   +873

I may buy a Gigabyte board now. I have only used ASUS over the years.
  10. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

FWIW, although maybe not as sophisticated, the last three ASRock motherboards I used had a UEFI. The motherboards were for Intel socket 1155 and AMD socket AM3+.

11. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,576   +487

I like the intro part about Intel working hard... did it ever? really? They are a monopoly now, they are just oozing in with the "new" products.

As for the new BIOS, that's nice. Stick a Web Browser in, and we are done - call it BI-OS! :)
  12. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +607

I thought that's what a lot of the 'Quick Start'-like features were. Basic web browsers booting off flash.
  13. Gigabyte is owned by Asus

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.