Gigabyte to include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 with X79 motherboards

By Leeky
Nov 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Gigabyte is set to include Wi-Fi and the new Bluetooth 4.0 standard as an add-on card for several of its new X79 motherboards, according to VR-Zone. The card will be in the…

Read the whole story
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,816   +647

Nice idea....might be nicer if Gigabyte made the card available for sale seperately as well.
  3. DokkRokken

DokkRokken Newcomer, in training Posts: 275

I hope it does end up being sold separately. I don't see myself springing for the UD5 model when the UD3 would likely do all I'd need with aplomb.
  4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,887   +85

can't you but a PCIE Wi-Fi bluetooth now?
  5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,816   +647

Likewise. The UD3 actually seems better appointed in some respects. I'll probably look at the UD3 and Asus P9X79 Pro as being the prime contenders for the next rig if SB-E looks viable from a performance and longevity standpoint.

Yup, but I think most are either primarily for mobile (laptop) or fairly old specification (either Bluetooth 2.0 and/or 802.11g) - at least that is what is on offer in New Zealand.
  6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,887   +85

Yup, but I think most are either primarily for mobile (laptop) or fairly old specification (either Bluetooth 2.0 and/or 802.11g) - at least that is what is on offer in New Zealand.[/quote]

I took a cursory look around and that appears to be the case here as well.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.