Gmail issue

MostlyHilary

I am also having a problem logging on to Gmail.com from firefox. Every time I try i get an error message saying

"We've detected a problem with your cookie settings.

Enable cookies
Make sure your cookies are enabled. To enable cookies, follow these browser-specific instructions.

Clear cache and cookies
If you have cookies enabled but are still having trouble, clear your browser's cache and cookies.

Adjust your privacy settings
If clearing your cache and cookies doesn't resolve the problem, try adjusting your browser's privacy settings. If your settings are on high, manually add to your list of allowed sites. Learn more"

I've tried every one of these things and still I am unable to get into my gmail account.

How do i fix this?

We want you to run a virus scan. Also, you do have administrative rights, correct?

sounds like you have a virus. I use FF with gmail all the time and no issues. I prefer to use my email client - thunderbird with gmail, but on occasion I will access it directly through the site.

I have run a virus scan and nothing comes up. Maybe the program i have isn't any good? Maybe some can suggest one?

Also, I'm able to log in on Internet Explorer.

That is good. Here is what we want you to do:

1. Go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum.

2. Read and follow the UPDATED 7 Step sticky. Do the steps in the order given.

3. When you have completed the steps on that forum post your results as directed.

* You'll get excellent help.

I have run a virus scan and nothing comes up. Maybe the program i have isn't any good? Maybe some can suggest one?

Also, I'm able to log in on Internet Explorer.

What you might try is go in via IE & click the grear>mail settings> go down to browser settings & make sure the radio button for Always use https is clicked. Scroll to bottom, click save settings & re try it. Hope that helps.

What you might try is go in via IE & click the grear>mail settings> go down to browser settings & make sure the radio button for Always use https is clicked. Scroll to bottom, click save settings & re try it. Hope that helps.

Excellent advice. I would retract and say do this first and if this doesn't work then do what I suggested in my previous post.

It's still not working.

Another option I can think of is changing your password
CANT7f6ffaa6bb0b408017b62254211691b5.jpg

Another option I can think of is changing your password
CANT7f6ffaa6bb0b408017b62254211691b5.jpg

The thing is, I cant even access that page. I type in gmail or even go in thru google and I get this right away.

gdggs.jpg

and since I've tried everything there, and everything you have all told me. I dont know what to do.

Maybe try to create a new profile in Firefox and see if you can access GMail that way? I think when a new profile is created, you'll start off w/ default everything. Just a thought.

Click Start > Run, type Firefox.exe -profilemanager

it is not working on just that computer or does it not work elsewhere? Can you log in directly through the website? if you cannot on that computer but you can on another, then you have some kind of a virus issue.

Is it possible the OP has accidently blocked google access? If so, could someone with UNblocking knowledge give that advice?

MostlyHilary, Can you access your gmail from another computer?

As I logged into my gmail account just now, I noticed they're announcement of a new log in screen coming. Although it don't look too much different, you might try & wait till then.

@ Tedster , it's only my computer it doesn't work on. I can go into gmail with Explorer on my computer, But I don't like using it and it's such a pain to have to open it. I've run a virus scan and nothing comes up, unless my scanner is missing it, maybe you can suggest a better one?

learninmypc , it is possible, I'm not very tech savvy. I actually don't know anyone who would be able to give me advice other then people here. I can access my gmail from other computers and if I open explorer on my computer I can access it. I don't like using explorer because it slows down my computer, so it's sort of a pain to open it and it'd be a lot better if I could just use it in FF

i just skimmed the thread so sorry if i missed it.. but have you tried uninstalling FF and downloading it and reinstalling it?

Back