Going Ergonomic: How to Make Your Computing Life Better

Amazing. I've been watching this topic for the past 50 years and nothing ever changes except the hawking of new chairs, keyboards, etc, etc. More amazing is the number of people that fall for this junk. I've used the same style chair, keyboard, mouse for over 30 years and suffered no ill effects .... go figure ....

I prefer using ergonomic keyboards. I hate having to use a basic keyboard, forcing you to turn your wrists in and pull your elbows in to type on them - after a short period of time my wrists start to hurt and my shoulders and elbows soon follow.

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite - hands down the best ergonomic keyboard I've ever used.

Only other ergonomic keyboard that I've found that's an okay replacement for the MS Natural Keyboard Elite model (which hasn't been made for many years now) is the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard (not the MS Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 model, this model blows).

Typing on laptops and non-ergonomic keyboard sucks.

Amazing. I've been watching this topic for the past 50 years and nothing ever changes except the hawking of new chairs, keyboards, etc, etc. More amazing is the number of people that fall for this junk. I've used the same style chair, keyboard, mouse for over 30 years and suffered no ill effects .... go figure ....

Fantastic, your body is not anyone else's body. There is also the question of how long per day you are using the mouse/keyboard/desk/chair. I never really thought too much about until I started working a job that requires me to be in a chair all day every day. I already have wrist pain from the awful work mouse so I'll be replacing it and the keyboard.

I just hate those mesh chairs featured in the picture.
I tried all types. They are terribly uncomfortable.
A solid, heavy weight, (not because you are heavy but because they have much more cushion layers and are more comfortable) with lumbar support is light years ahead of those.
What is even more ridiculous that two types often go for the same or similar price.
If you ever asked yourself if you need one of those big and tall chairs at Staples, do not be misled. They are the best. I got one once, and never bought anything else like racing or ergonomic chairs. The only other thing you should look for is a chair with longer arm support, some are noticeably shorter, they don't work for some.

Mistake in article...when y'all say "Herman Miller's Renew" you show the Aeron, not the Renew. Just got rid of my Aeron I had for +20 years, so I know them pretty well.

I prefer using ergonomic keyboards. I hate having to use a basic keyboard, forcing you to turn your wrists in and pull your elbows in to type on them - after a short period of time my wrists start to hurt and my shoulders and elbows soon follow.

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite - hands down the best ergonomic keyboard I've ever used.

Only other ergonomic keyboard that I've found that's an okay replacement for the MS Natural Keyboard Elite model (which hasn't been made for many years now) is the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard (not the MS Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 model, this model blows).

Typing on laptops and non-ergonomic keyboard sucks.
Ms natural keyboard is bad, and if you really care about ergonomic you would look for split keebs like kinesis advantage, glove 80, or likes of dactyl manuform, moonlander, corne.
If you can't freely adjust vertical angle of keeb then it's not really ergonomic, and to do so you need a split.

Ms natural keyboard is bad, and if you really care about ergonomic you would look for split keebs like kinesis advantage, glove 80, or likes of dactyl manuform, moonlander, corne.
If you can't freely adjust vertical angle of keeb then it's not really ergonomic, and to do so you need a split.
No thanks. To each their own. I tried a split keyboard before to see what it was like and it was very uncomfortable - perhaps more time with it would have made a difference, but I wasn't willing to drop hundreds of dollars on one just to see if things improved over time.

Back