TechSpot

Google acquires music streaming service Songza

By Shawn Knight
Jul 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google has agreed to purchase music streaming service Songza. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed although earlier rumors pegged the purchase price around $15 million. That was before others became interested in the company which likely raised the price considerably.

Read more

2. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

Ever notice that these websites that get acquired by Google have really stupid names?

H3llion likes this.
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

These stupid names may be cloaking some great businesses xD.

4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,106   +97

Songza is awesome right now, but I can imagine it's gonna suck before long now that Google owns it. I use it all the time.... Hopefully they don't screw with it too much

5. This is Google we are talking about. You know very well that they will change it, and not for the better. Generally speaking, most everything they touch turns to **** after a while. They always try stuff some advertising mechanism into their services, and you know they will force you to sign up for a Google+ account. I have never heard of these guys before now, so obviously I have never used them, and now I never will.

6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,260   +223

Imho I wouldn't be surprised if this a strategy to make Google+ a bigger network (as guest above mentioned requiring G+ account). I've started to like G+, it grew on me.

Google gets so much hate :3 I do however hate how their shitty UI/UX designers tend to **** up Youtube every few months.