1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Google cuts another 1,200 jobs at Motorola Mobility

By Jos ยท 5 replies
Mar 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google is cutting 1,200 jobs from its Motorola Mobility operating unit, or about 10% of its workforce, according to an email obtained by the Wall Street Journal. The move follows another round of layoffs less than a year ago where...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,515   +974

Wow this sucks. It is like Sparrow. A great email client that Google buys because of its success and just kills it.

3. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Who said Google was buying Motorola for the phones? 1st goal: patents... accomplished... 2nd goal: patents... accomplished... 3rd goal: building their own phones... a hobbie...

4. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Guru Posts: 313   +67

Damn, no Droid 5 then? I need my QWERTY smartphones.

5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,515   +974

It is all for the patents yes. If they wanted the hardware, we would see a Nexus 10 and 4 by Motorola not ASUS, Samsung, and LG. I guess we will see. Maybe the Nexus Q was based off of motorola hardware. Also, I wonder if my FIOS set top boxes will continue to be Motorola in the future after this purchase. I guess it would be.

6. Not surprised, Google core business is the Ad, all money are come automatically without cost; the manufacturing is hard money so never the choice, all Motola Mobile employees are their cost but not property.