Google cuts another 1,200 jobs at Motorola Mobility

By Jos
Mar 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google is cutting 1,200 jobs from its Motorola Mobility operating unit, or about 10% of its workforce, according to an email obtained by the Wall Street Journal. The move follows another round of layoffs less than a year ago where...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,846   +887

Wow this sucks. It is like Sparrow. A great email client that Google buys because of its success and just kills it.
  3. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Who said Google was buying Motorola for the phones? 1st goal: patents... accomplished... 2nd goal: patents... accomplished... 3rd goal: building their own phones... a hobbie...
  4. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179   +25

Damn, no Droid 5 then? I need my QWERTY smartphones.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,846   +887

It is all for the patents yes. If they wanted the hardware, we would see a Nexus 10 and 4 by Motorola not ASUS, Samsung, and LG. I guess we will see. Maybe the Nexus Q was based off of motorola hardware. Also, I wonder if my FIOS set top boxes will continue to be Motorola in the future after this purchase. I guess it would be.
  6. Not surprised, Google core business is the Ad, all money are come automatically without cost; the manufacturing is hard money so never the choice, all Motola Mobile employees are their cost but not property.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.