TechSpot

Google Docs gains 450 new fonts, reviews April as a big month

By Rick
May 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google's cloud-based office suite, Google Docs, has gained a whopping 450 choices to its once scarce selection of font types. The new fonts include Ubuntu, Android's Ice Cream Sandwich "Droid"...

Read the whole story

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

I consider myself a 'old/knowledgeable' user of MS office, and going to Google Docs from a fully fledged office is like if someone asks you to swap your M3 for a Nissan Micro ....... even Office 365 feels much more polished IMO.

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

I totally agree with that. I think in context to the features of Microsoft Office and so on, Google Docs fails. One clear example of that is the table functionality -- absolutely horrendous.

Not being able to adjust row heights or enable "word wrap" for cells while creating spreadsheets is another example of, "Uhhh, why not???".

I have to admit that Google Docs gets some things right though. Live, real-time editing between multiple people and the simple sharing functionality provided is really good. I'm also kind of amazed at what Google does with Docs through just HTML and JavaScript.

Despite that though, that doesn't change the fact it kind of sucks in comparison to something like MSO for banging out anything more than a basic, simple document.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.