TechSpot

Google wants to speed up websites with page optimizing CDN

By Julio Franco
Jul 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Odds are that today most of the sites you visit have at least some of its content delivered through a content delivery network. In a nutshell, CDNs are used to…

Read the whole story

2. I lol at this. We too have taken in consideration to use best practice when optimizing our site. While it is not perfect, Google fails to compete.

Check out our results here - http://www.webpagetest.org/result/110729_HV_601c87fcb5f38bfb5960620e8254479e/

3. Opera 10 automatically detects when a connection is slow, and offers to compress web pages via Opera Software's Turbo servers opera turbo only good!!

4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Kudos to Techspot on Speed Efficiency

5. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

We could still have some speed improvements but the Page Speed Service won't help us in that matter as of now, some minor changes will come soon that'll make the pages load faster.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

Personally, I feel Techspot loads up perfectly fine. I mean, when I click for techspot in my browser favorites bar it appears pretty much with 1 second, images and all. I don't think its worth spending any more money on making it quicker unless there are certain parts of this site i simply am missing?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.