As featured in:
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The stable channel has been updated to 85.0.4183.121 for Windows, Mac, and Linux, which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
A list of all changes is available in the log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 10 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$15000] High CVE-2020-15960: Heap buffer overflow in storage. Reported by Anonymous on 2020-06-28
- [$15000] High CVE-2020-15961: Insufficient policy enforcement in extensions. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-08-10
- [$10000] High CVE-2020-15962: Insufficient policy enforcement in serial. Reported by Leecraso and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab working with 360 BugCloud on 2020-08-26
- [$5000] High CVE-2020-15963: Insufficient policy enforcement in extensions. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-08-06
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-15965: Type Confusion in V8. Reported by Lucas Pinheiro, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2020-09-08
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2020-15966: Insufficient policy enforcement in extensions. Reported by David Erceg on 2020-08-06
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2020-15964: Insufficient data validation in media. Reported by Woojin Oh(@pwn_expoit) of STEALIEN on 2020-08-25
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome for Windows news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Windows 14
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox.
From the creators of Opera, a browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first. A browser that is made for you.
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.