As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The stable channel has been updated to 84.0.4147.105 for Windows, Mac, and Linux, which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
A list of all changes is available in the log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 8 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$10000] High CVE-2020-6537: Type Confusion in V8. Reported by Alphalaab on 2020-07-14
- [$N/A] High CVE-2020-6538: Inappropriate implementation in WebView. Reported by Yongke Wang(@Rudykewang) and Aryb1n(@aryb1n) of Tencent Security Xuanwu Lab (腾讯安全玄武实验室） on 2020-06-18
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6532: Use after free in SCTP. Reported by Anonymous on 2020-07-09
- [$N/A] High CVE-2020-6539: Use after free in CSS. Reported by Oriol Brufau on 2020-07-14
- [$TBD] High CVE-2020-6540: Heap buffer overflow in Skia. Reported by Zhen Zhou of NSFOCUS Security Team on 2020-07-15
- [$N/A] High CVE-2020-6541: Use after free in WebUSB. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2020-07-17
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome for Windows news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Windows 14
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox.
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.
From the creators of Opera, a browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first. A browser that is made for you.