Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 73 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
Chrome 73.0.3683.103 contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 73.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 60 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$TBD] High CVE-2019-5787: Use after free in Canvas. Reported by Zhe Jin（金哲），Luyao Liu(刘路遥) from Chengdu Security Response Center of Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd on 2018-12-11
- [$N/A] High CVE-2019-5788: Use after free in FileAPI. Reported by Mark Brand of Google Project Zero on 2019-01-28
- [$N/A] High CVE-2019-5789: Use after free in WebMIDI. Reported by Mark Brand of Google Project Zero on 2019-01-14
- [$7500] High CVE-2019-5790: Heap buffer overflow in V8. Reported by Dimitri Fourny (Blue Frost Security) on 2018-12-13
- [$1000] High CVE-2019-5791: Type confusion in V8. Reported by Choongwoo Han of Naver Corporation on 2019-01-30
- [$500] High CVE-2019-5792: Integer overflow in PDFium. Reported by pdknsk on 2018-12-13
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2019-5793: Excessive permissions for private API in Extensions. Reported by Jun Kokatsu, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2019-03-01
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2019-5794: Security UI spoofing. Reported by Juno Im of Theori on 2019-02-24
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2019-5795: Integer overflow in PDFium. Reported by pdknsk on 2019-01-07
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2019-5796: Race condition in Extensions. Reported by Mark Brand of Google Project Zero on 2019-01-03
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2019-5797: Race condition in DOMStorage. Reported by Mark Brand of Google Project Zero on 2018-12-19
- [$N/A] Medium CVE-2019-5798: Out of bounds read in Skia. Reported by Tran Tien Hung (@hungtt28) of Viettel Cyber Security on 2018-09-13
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2019-5799: CSP bypass with blob URL. Reported by sohalt on 2018-11-14
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2019-5800: CSP bypass with blob URL. Reported by Jun Kokatsu (@shhnjk) on 2018-10-10
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-5801: Incorrect Omnibox display on iOS. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2019-01-13
- [$500] Medium CVE-2019-5802: Security UI spoofing. Reported by Ronni Skansing on 2016-07-28
- [$500] Low CVE-2019-5804: Command line command injection on Windows. Reported by Joshua Graham of TSS on 2019-02-17
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel. As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Apps similar to Google Chrome for Windows 14
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox Quantum.
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.
From the creators of Opera, a browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first. A browser that is made for you.