As featured in:
- 5 Google Chrome Alternatives That Do Things Better
- Why Incognito Mode and Private Browsing are Not Private
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Google builds powerful tools that help you connect, play, work and get things done. And all of it works on Chrome.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Stay organized with tabs
Tabs help you stay organized, keep track of multiple pages, and multi-task. You can group tabs together for better organization or pin tabs to automatically open websites you use the most.
More control over your media
Easily control audio and video playing in any Chrome tab. Open the media hub to access controls to manage what’s playing or pop out a video to view it in picture-in-picture mode.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, auto updates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
Sync Chrome across devices
From your laptop, to your tablet, to your phone, your stuff in Chrome goes where you go. When you turn sync on, you can access your bookmarks, saved passwords, and secure payment info.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 94 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux.Chrome 94 is also promoted to our new extended stable channel for Windows and Mac. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
Chrome 94.0.4606.54 contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 94.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 19 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$15000] High CVE-2021-37956: Use after free in Offline use. Reported by Huyna at Viettel Cyber Security on 2021-08-24
- [$7500] High CVE-2021-37957 : Use after free in WebGPU. Reported by Looben Yang on 2021-08-23
- [$3000] High CVE-2021-37958 : Inappropriate implementation in Navigation. Reported by James Lee (@Windowsrcer) on 2021-06-24
- [$1000] High CVE-2021-37959 : Use after free in Task Manager. Reported by raven (@raid_akame) on 2021-07-15
- [$TBD] High CVE-2021-37960 : Inappropriate implementation in Blink graphics. Reported by Atte Kettunen of OUSPG on 2021-09-07
- [$10000] Medium CVE-2021-37961 : Use after free in Tab Strip. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2021-07-13
- [$10000] Medium CVE-2021-37962 : Use after free in Performance Manager. Reported by Sri on 2021-07-22
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-37963 : Side-channel information leakage in DevTools. Reported by Daniel Genkin and Ayush Agarwal, University of Michigan, Eyal Ronen and Shaked Yehezkel, Tel Aviv University, Sioli O’Connell, University of Adelaide, and Jason Kim, Georgia Institute of Technology on 2021-04-16
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-37964 : Inappropriate implementation in ChromeOS Networking. Reported by Hugo Hue and Sze Yiu Chau of the Chinese University of Hong Kong on 2021-04-28
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2021-37965 : Inappropriate implementation in Background Fetch API. Reported by Maurice Dauer on 2021-08-13
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-37966 : Inappropriate implementation in Compositing. Reported by Mohit Raj (shadow2639) on 2021-08-11
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-37967 : Inappropriate implementation in Background Fetch API. Reported by SorryMybad (@S0rryMybad) of Kunlun Lab on 2021-08-26
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-37968 : Inappropriate implementation in Background Fetch API. Reported by Maurice Dauer on 2021-08-30
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-37969 : Inappropriate implementation in Google Updater. Reported by Abdelhamid Naceri (halov) on 2021-09-02
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2021-37970 : Use after free in File System API. Reported by SorryMybad (@S0rryMybad) of Kunlun Lab on 2021-09-09
- [$1000] Low CVE-2021-37971 : Incorrect security UI in Web Browser UI. Reported by Rayyan Bijoora on 2021-06-13
- [$TBD] Low CVE-2021-37972 : Out of bounds read in libjpeg-turbo. Reported by Xu Hanyu and Lu Yutao from Panguite-Forensics-Lab of Qianxin on 2021-07-29
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
- Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome for Windows news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Windows 14
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox.
A browser that is fast, but also that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first.
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.
Open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way to experience the web.
More similar downloads