TechSpot

Google warning users infected with malware

By Julio Franco
Jul 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hopefully this hasn't happened to you in a long time, but how about the last time you used a friend's PC to discover he had installed three different browser toolbars…

Read the whole story

2. every time I go to my in-laws house and fire up their laptop and open a browser window, I am greeted with a minimum of 4 tool bars. This happens weekly; after I cleaned out the last infestation.

3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

nice job Google!... keep doing good please :)

4. TekGun

TekGun TS Booster Posts: 156   +17

Google is more likely protecting itself, helping users is just a side effect.

5. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

I will say the malware doesnt really affect google a great deal considering its size, but more so us users

6. MCJeeba

MCJeeba TS Rookie Posts: 19

Can't go wrong with Norton.

7. TekGun

TekGun TS Booster Posts: 156   +17

Yea I'm sure Google don't mind millions of it's products, I mean users beings redirected away from it's main income, ie advertising.

8. Coodu

Coodu TS Booster Posts: 173

Working as a computer technician, half our work is this crap. Combofix/Rkill is a god? ;)

Good to see Google appearing to be the good guy? :p But I have to agree with the folks above - has profit protection all over it.

9. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Whatever motives Google has for doing this, at least it's helping lessen the number of infected PCs on the Net. Some PC users need all the help they can get.

10. Tazo The Vault

Tazo The Vault TS Member Posts: 32

It's so upsetting that this needs to be done. Far too many people lack even the interest to figure out what things are harmful to their computers.

11. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Show a company which does

12. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TS Booster Posts: 221   +14

Every sint time I use a friends or family members computer they always have a min of 4 toolbars. People never learn I tell them time and time again but they don't listen. And then they wonder why there computer is so slow.