GPU dilemma, sell HD 6970 for GTX 580?

R3DP3NGUIN

hi guys its been awhile since a actually made a thread.

well I currently have a Gigabyte 6970 which I purchased Feb of this year. I am tossing up whether I should sell it for $150 and buy a used GTX 580 on ebay which averagely costs around $350. or wait until the 7000 series and or Nvidia 600 series. I also thought just buy another 6970 but my PSU might restrict plus the 7000 series looks so close to release.

I ultimately want to be able to run BF3 decently on ultra which benchmarks need atleast dual GPU setup. I am also thinking more towards Nvidia since I will upgrade my P2 955 to Ivy Bridge in 2012.

Any houghts???

Yeah I think I will wait, my card OCs really good also which I forgot to take into account . I pick up BF3 in a couple of days so find out for sure.

But yeah I suppose best thing is wait and see.

Your 6970 would only sell for $150 on ebay? They cost at least £200 or $320 here in the UK on ebay

Well I was thinking of a quick sell that's all, most that's selling in Aus is about $250 *minimum* which is a cheaper brand also. So I could have $150 starting price and $250 buy out.

Its a 2 month wait for a certainly adequate videocard with lower power draw / strain on your PSU. I've thought about it and if I bought the goods now I know I'd be kicking myself in the pants in 4 months.

Cheers for all the advice, I have decided to indeed wait for the 7000 series to show its face. I have already ordered 5 games including BF3 that will keep me going until release. Im a student so I dont game much until holidays.

Back