Grand Theft Auto V for PC has been delayed for the umpteenth time

Shawn Knight

Staff member

grand theft auto ps3 xbox 360 ps4 pc rockstar delay gta 5 xbox one grand theft auto v gta v gta v pc

It’s been bad news after bad news for PC gamers waiting to get their hands on Grand Theft Auto V and unfortunately, today brings much of the same. Rockstar has confirmed that GTA V for the PC has been pushed back to April 14.

The studio said they simply need more time to ensure that the game is as polished as possible and to make certain that both Heists and the GTA Online experience are ready to go on launch day. As a gesture of goodwill, Rockstar will give those that have pre-ordered an additional $200,000 in-game cash to use in GTA Online.

grand theft auto ps3 xbox 360 ps4 pc rockstar delay gta 5 xbox one grand theft auto v gta v gta v pc

If it’s any consolation, Rockstar says the PC version of GTA V is their most graphically and technically advanced version yet. The game features PC-specific enhancements such as greater levels of detail, deeper configuration options and support for ultra-high definition which I assume means 4K.

Rockstar also added that it is fully optimized to support a broad range of hardware so hopefully, compatibility won’t be much of an issue.

GTA V was originally expected to arrive on the PC last fall – a full year after it came out on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game did ship on next generation consoles late last year but the PC version was a no-show.

The game was pushed back to January 27 before Rockstar changed the date to March 24. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not the April 14 date will stick.

Permalink to story.

Delay it again for all I care. GTA started on PC, and we've had it every year since so why would this time be any different? Some mofo in a comment section on another site joked that we'll get HL3 before GTA V. I mean, really?!

I'd rather have no game and not be out $60, than pay $60 for half a game. But then mofo's would be outraged about that if it happened. This "I want it now" mentality in gaming has got to stop. Did anyone learn anything from 2014, like got damn! At least R* gave us a reason, and reassured us that the PC version isn't being slept on, AND it will release with Heist mode rather than tacking it on later. Sheesh.

/rant

Well I certainly won't pay 60 bucks for a PC game but the delays are getting annoying now, it means I'll have to wait even longer before I pluck it out of the bargain bin assuming it'll be worth playing in the 1st place.

Well I certainly won't pay 60 bucks for a PC game but the delays are getting annoying now, it means I'll have to wait even longer before I pluck it out of the bargain bin assuming it'll be worth playing in the 1st place.

Exactly, the only minor annoyance about these delays it that the sale price will also be delayed. Anyway more time to polish the game/optimize drivers/upgrade hardware.

Meh..

As with all my games, I'll pick it at 75% off on a Steam / Humble Bundle / GOG / Direct2Drive / Whateverthehellothergamingshop later on.

/rant

I read R*s comment on their page and they copy-pasted the same text from previous announcements. And to be true, I dont believe them. They trying to sell another 35mln copies for nexgen consoles, to please stock exchange investors, before pirates and $10 steam gamers demand cut the money flow short. The game has pre-2013 rigs in requirements and how long can You work on PC port if both GTA4&5 were X360 titles? And improvements in PC port? There won't be many, believe me. They just jacked up minimum twice, so this little psychological trick will make people with weak PCs avoid the game or go to hell with their complaints. I don't mind stronger GPU req's, but I expected better experience from CPU that I played GTA4. Now It hardly makes to minimum. More foliage will not make the story more compelling but will make it a title that WAS triple A title... two years ago, while we waited it to grow. I genuinely have to make an effort to avoid YouTube videos with spoilers, like all the people from outside a 'civilised world' have to do when waiting for a Netflix or HBO TV series showing in their region on DVD or whatever. I got a feeling when it finally shows up on PC it will be tiring and forced effort to enjoy this game. And no, I will not buy console. I don't play that much to justify that expence.

So the steam sale version has been delayed too? Probably not, it'll be be out before Christmas and with any luck 50-75% off. I'm not paying $70 for a two year old game now, I already own a copy on PS3 and PS4, if only I could get a discount based on that fact alone I'd be impressed.

I don't mind delays for a more polished product with less bugs.

This is a game I will put alot of hours into its worth the wait.

Meh.... I hope they aren't lying. I'm fine with the delays for a solid, reliable game. R* needs to stop setting damn dates though.

To me this is good news. I want a polish game, I can definitely wait.

Agreed. Devs kicking their games out before they can brush their teeth only leads to having barely playable games on launch.

They should take as much time as is needed, but it better shine.

What this means is that Rockstar cares a great deal more about how their product performs at launch than EA and Dice did about Battlefield 4 prior to its launch.

I respect that. Frustration expressed over delays will be forgotten if the game runs well; but over buggy crap? No. That lasts much longer and damages a company's reputation.

I'm fine with this because if the reviews say that it's a good PC port, I'll buy it right away.

To me this is good news. I want a polish game, I can definitely wait.
Well the Polish game you're looking for is Witcher 3, which has also been delayed a bunch! ;-)

Perhaps all the problems are with the companies name. I think Crock-star might be more appropriate and accurate!

I read R*s comment on their page and they copy-pasted the same text from previous announcements. And to be true, I dont believe them. They trying to sell another 35mln copies for nexgen consoles, to please stock exchange investors, before pirates and $10 steam gamers demand cut the money flow short. The game has pre-2013 rigs in requirements and how long can You work on PC port if both GTA4&5 were X360 titles? And improvements in PC port? There won't be many, believe me. They just jacked up minimum twice, so this little psychological trick will make people with weak PCs avoid the game or go to hell with their complaints. I don't mind stronger GPU req's, but I expected better experience from CPU that I played GTA4. Now It hardly makes to minimum. More foliage will not make the story more compelling but will make it a title that WAS triple A title... two years ago, while we waited it to grow. I genuinely have to make an effort to avoid YouTube videos with spoilers, like all the people from outside a 'civilised world' have to do when waiting for a Netflix or HBO TV series showing in their region on DVD or whatever. I got a feeling when it finally shows up on PC it will be tiring and forced effort to enjoy this game. And no, I will not buy console. I don't play that much to justify that expence.

Well said, well said!

Back