Rockstar is making GTA 6 official this week, reveal trailer hits in December

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: What could be the most anticipated game of all time, Grand Theft Auto 6, could be revealed by Rockstar Games as early as this week, with an official trailer for the game set to arrive in December.

There have been plenty of previous claims that an official GTA 6 announcement was imminent, but this one comes from Bloomberg's respected Jason Schreier. The timing of the announcement and trailer does fit into a timeline. November 3 marks 12 years since the GTA 5 announcement, while the December trailer, which would most likely appear at The Game Awards, would coincide with the 25th anniversary of Rockstar Games.

Update: Rockstar Games has now confirmed that the trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto game will drop in early December...

Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Rockstar Games' parent Take-Two Interactive, confirmed that development of the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series was underway last year. He said the developer was determined to set creative benchmarks for the series, industry, and all entertainment.

Some of what we've heard about GTA 6 include that it will, for the first time, feature a playable female main character, a Latina woman who is part of a "Bonnie-and-Clyde-like" duo, suggesting the game will again feature multiple playable characters. It will also be set in the same fictionalized version of Miami as the 2002 Vice City game, with potentially more cities added over time.

There have also been claims that the often-controversial humor the franchise is famous for might be less prevalent in GTA 6. Rockstar is reportedly going to take a more politically correct stance in the next game and not "punch down" by making fun of marginalized groups. A similar approach was taken in the most recent Saints Row game, which was mostly panned by critics and gamers.

GTA 6 was the subject of one of the largest game leaks of all time. In September 2022, a hacker posted a swathe of content that included test build videos and screenshots, most of which were removed after Take-Two issued copyright strikes against the hosts. He also attempted to negotiate a deal with Rockstar, asking for a five-figure sum in return for not leaking its game's source code. In July, the teenager allegedly behind the hack was declared unfit to stand trial.

Take-Two has twice hinted that GTA 6 will be released next year, further suggesting that now would be the perfect time for an official reveal. We'll have to wait and see if the successor to the second-best-selling game of all time can live up to the hype.

Permalink to story.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that GTA V was released so long ago. It is ancient by todays standards. I never was able to finish it, lol. San Andreas is still the best in the series.

I cant wait for the system requirements, from the leaked videos some time ago the RTX 3090 was pushing ~25fps @1080p.

Let's just remember, the usually start these feeds about 2 years before the final release so don't get your hope's up, there is plenty of time for them to start extending those dates! LOL

I wanna know what's the system requirements on these. all I know is that the current version of GTAO already consumes close to 16GB of RAM which is pretty big for a game that came originally in 2015 (PC). the original game only lists 1GB 9800GT and 4GB of RAM as minimum requirement back then which is pretty low even then.

I don't know if they will announce it this month and release it next year, or if they man up and release it right this christmas. GTA is no cyberpunk but they could follow their "let's release it before it's ready" stance this time. like it or not GTA franchise is one of the most successful videogame in the world.

Let's just remember, the usually start these feeds about 2 years before the final release so don't get your hope's up, there is plenty of time for them to start extending those dates! LOL
And that is for console release not for PC if we take a look at what was the case last time.

Sure the trailer will be shown next month, but the actual game won't likely be released until 2025 at the very least.

Do you even know what Woke is? Is it anything that makes you upset? Have you even played any GTA game? Because it doesn't sound like you know what Woke is or what a GTA is.
No "Woke" is not anything that makes you upset. Try again

GTA is the southpark of videogames, what are you talking about? I still feel disturbed from "the battery scene" from GTA5 and anyone who played it knows what I'm talking about

Just wait and see but unlike SouthPark of 2023 who are still just the same as they ever were (and right on point) the mention that GTA 6 is more "PC" and won't "punch down" anymore is a pretty good indication they will not be faithful to GTA 5 and are attempting to please the vocal minority.

Just wait and see but unlike SouthPark of 2023 who are still just the same as they ever were (and right on point) the mention that GTA 6 is more "PC" and won't "punch down" anymore is a pretty good indication they will not be faithful to GTA 5 and are attempting to please the vocal minority.
I have concerns as well. It is the same stupid thing; strong and smug woman, oppression, race, and last but not the least always a white stupid man whose only purpose is to show how amazing diverse characters are.
I felt much more positive toward many of these topics until they became mandatory in every entertaining media.
They, in a way, built their own reeducation center in USA for us.
Have you realized diversity is our strength yet?
Do you feel sorry for creating this horrible and unfair society already?
No? Ok here is another lecture.

Even if it is filled with this mess, it will sell well. But they all need to learn a lesson from tlou2
which sold so well that Sony hid any info regarding the sales after a week. "Fastest selling game in one week..."

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that GTA V was released so long ago. It is ancient by todays standards. I never was able to finish it, lol. San Andreas is still the best in the series.
It's much more surprising that 10 years later, it's still a friggin' bestseller. Speaks volumes about the current state of the industry lol.

My prediction is September 2024.

GTA is the southpark of videogames, what are you talking about? I still feel disturbed from "the battery scene" from GTA5 and anyone who played it knows what I'm talking about
GTA5 was released 10 years ago, that's plenty of time to subvert the company. And as I'm looking at the cover picture, I'm not confident that Ms Problem Glasses and Soy Buster will deliver us a proper GTA game.

Back