Graphic card overheating

Im using a windows vista home premium

Processor:Interl(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
Ram:8gb
system type:64bit
Pegatron corporation
graphic card:ndivia geforce 9500GS

When i start playing games, it lasts for like 10mins or so then it starts to lag a lot. The fan noise is pretty loud and the graphic card is at 115 Cel. Games start to run at 2fps or less even when i minimize the window to 800x600 and lowered all the graphics to minimum. My computer has 3 fans (1 blows air in,1blows out,1blows air around inside)also theres a fan on the graphic card and a heat sink. Ive moved most of the wires so they aren't touching the graphic card. Im also using gamebooster.I need help, i've tried opening the side of the computer and cleaning all the dust out still not helping.

Maybe the TIM on the graphics card heat sink has dried out. You'll need to remove the heat sink, clean the remnants of old TIM and apply a fresh coat.

Hey XX, Rit :)
Did this suddenly start happening? or has this gradually gotten to this point?when you say the fan is "pretty loud" do you mean its the whir of moving more air, or a squeal/whine that it wasn't making before?
do you have software that shows the RPM of the fan? at full tilt, the fan should be running around 4-5K

this has been happening like 2 months ago, if i don't play for 3 days i can play 1 whole day without it lagging. The fans are running at 1k-1.5k rpm. The fan noise is like its scratching against metal.

@rit a fresh coat of what? o.o

this has been happening like 2 months ago, if i don't play for 3 days i can play 1 whole day without it lagging. The fans are running at 1k-1.5k rpm. The fan noise is like its scratching against metal.

@rit a fresh coat of what? o.o

That's what i thought. Your fan in all likelihood is dying. I believe that the fan on that thing should max at about 4-5K.

This is the stuff Rit is referring to
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=thermal_compound-_-35-100-007-_-Product

A thin layer is put between the GPU and the Heat-sink to conduct heat more efficiently from the GPU heat-spreader to the base of the heat-sink, and compensate and fill any gaps,scratches, or irregularities in the two surfaces.

the fan that is creating that noise isnt on the heatsink, its on the graphic card. Ive watched it spin and every once in awhile it stops and spins again.

the fan that is creating that noise isnt on the heatsink, its on the graphic card. Ive watched it spin and every once in awhile it stops and spins again.

Thats the one I am speaking of. Your graphics cards has a heat-sink as well (its what the fan is attached to) That is your problem and why the VGA is overheating.

quick question, do i have to use thermal paste? or is there an alternative since i dont want to go and buy it

Forget the thermal compound for right now, that's not your problem. If your fan is running slow,stopping, and dying, the thermal compound wont help. You need to replace the fan.

I am not recommending this, however, back in the day before OC'ing was fashionable. There was nothing to attach aftermarket heat-sinks to when overclocking our 486's. We used to use superglue. For whatever reason Cyanoacrylate glue's seem to be fairly heat conductive. (at least enough to dissipate the heat from a OC'ed 486. Silicon in the form of a sealant or caulking is fairly conductive as well. as a matter of fact some of the stock lower end thermal compounds are silicon based.

****disclaimer**** I never made or recommended this .....ever :)

Back