By hitech0101
Jun 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    Intel DG31 PR
    250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
    Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

2. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

3. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 435   +24

I notice that the card has dual monitor support can i save money if i choose a card with a single monitor support because i don't think i will be using two monitors anytime in the near future.

4. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

Not really; they all do.
    You can hunt around for better deals on the 6850 elsewhere though, I'm sure you could get it for a bit less.

5. hitech0101

Can you suggest a card in nvidia series please.Thanks for helping just keeping options open.Also newegg does not offer shipping to India so the psu will be difficult to find here.

6. thysol

thysol TS Rookie

I would take the Radeon HD 6870. It is the best card that you can get within your budget. If you insist on Nvidia then I would take the Geforce GTX 560.

7. hitech0101

Thanks for helping.