Graphics card for Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TechSpot Forums!

I own a Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower PC, and am seriously considering buying a graphics card for it.

My question to you is, which would best be compatible with my specs?

System Specs:

Dell Inc. OptiPlex GX280
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
2552 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
500.10 GB HDD

Current Video Card:

Name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 128.00 MB
Current Display Mode: 1400 x 1050 (32 bit) (60GHz)

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor? That is partly the reason I will be purchasing one.

Thanks for any info or suggestions,

~ TomHax ;)

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor?

That depends on the maximum resolution supported by your monitor.

What's your main reason to purchase the card? What's your budget?

My main and only real reason for purchasing a graphics card is to achieve the 1920x1080 resolution.

And yes, my monitor definitely supports it. It's designed to be viewed at that resolution.

Unfortunately, currently I can only achieve a resolution of 1400x1050 for unknown reasons. That resolution on this 24" monitor is beyond appalling.

Okay. If you're not playing games and such you could look into getting something like the Radeon HD 5670.

That is a great buy suggested by Ritwik7; and it should cost you bit less than 100$ as well.

hi,
i got the same problem. the optiplex gx280 with 82915G/GV/910GL express chipset family doesnt seem to support 1920x1080 resolution.

is it possible to install a diferent driver so higher resolution is available? any ideas where to find that?

thanks
vic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back