Graphics card suggestions

my system configuration Untitled.jpg
suggestion FOR best grapic card and ram??
I have 500gb harddisk.
I use xfx gt 8500gt 500m 512mb ddr2.
but I change this pls help :)..Untitled.jpg

You need more RAM before you do anything at all. A faster CPU would also help a lot.

A new graphics card isn't going to help you much in games - wht do you want to play?

1st of all more ram done(y)
I have 1 gb ram,expand to adding 2 gb more,total 3gb ram
any suggestions??
I don't know help me????

Not really, but the main problem is that your using different capacity sticks.

For now I'd take the 1 gb stick out, and just use 2 gb.

You'd be hard extremely hard-pressed to find a decent lga775 (the CPU type your motherboard supports) these days. If you were to buy a new CPU, you would have to also buy a new motherboard. This would also mean upgrading to DDR3 Ram.

If you want better performance, your best option, in my opinion, is to do a new system build. Evan a mid-low end gaming rig will destroy your current system.

Just leave the RAM sticks in. 3GB > dual-channel.

As for the graphics card... I dunno man. Some cheap <$50 card I guess. As mentioned above, you don't want to spend too much, rather save up for a whole new system.

After the ram upgrades a nvdia gt640 or any radeon HD 67xx or 66xx card would be a decent upgrade. I have around the same CPU power and I can still game, kinda, your gonna have to stay away from seriously high CPU demand games, planetside 2, BF3, Farcry 3, these would all be too much, but all of valves games, killing floor, arma 2, starcraft 2, those would all be fine, might even be able to play BC2.

Yeahhhhh, but that card is probably the same as your old 8500GT.. :(
The GT 610 is a rebranded GT 520...which is actually closer to the 8600GT fwiw. I cant believe anyone would be getting the card for gaming, which leaves the 610 as a better HTPC option over the old G86.

I know it sounds harsh but the guys are correct. If you want a half decent gaming rig you're better off saving up to buy all new components.
When you're ready and unsure of what to buy just post a couple of threads here and the boys will give you some sage advice. Just remember to tell them your budget or they'll have you building a rig which would make a Kray super computer blush not to mention you'd have to sell a kidney just to pay for it.

Good luck.

^-- Yup. The 3GB RAM upgrade is pretty good right now. The PC can be used as an office PC. If you want games, save up.

Back