Graphics Card that Will Fit My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffrider5956

i am deciding on getting one of these cards nvidia gtx 260 or a ati hd 4870 or an nvidia 9800gtx+ so im wondering will any of these fit my hp m8400f computer and which card also do you think will perform better. I am also wondering nvidia supports physics does ati support physics as well.

Any of those cards will fit in your computer. the 260 and 4870 are probably the better choice as the 9800 is getting a bit dated, although it can still pretty much run any game out there and can be found for less than the other two. I'm not gonna get into an ATI vs. nVidia thing. You'd be better served looking at some of the articles here that do direct comparisons between the two cards.

lol i have searched alot and from what searched some people say that the the 260 is better and some say that 4870 is better pretty much depends on the game right but im going more towards nvidia cards because they support physics and the ati doesnt but the have something called havok is that the samething as physics.

LOL I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure out the new nVidia 3D vision thing. It's hard to keep up. I really hardly notice any difference if physX is enabled or not.

lol i have searched alot and from what searched some people say that the the 260 is better and some say that 4870 is better pretty much depends on the game right but im going more towards nvidia cards because they support physics and the ati doesnt but the have something called havok is that the samething as physics.
If you've searched enough, you would know Physx is pretty stupid and is more a marketing gimmick than a feature.
I say 4870!
I'm not sure what your talking about with havok, because it is a physics engine used in games and not a piece of hardware.

HK as soon as I saw physx I thought the same thing, only a hand full of games support it "officially" and a bunch of demo's. Its a marketing ploy. Go with which ever one is cheaper, unless you're running on a really high resolution you wont noticed the difference.

ati.amd.com/technology/crossfire/physics/index.html
ok so ati is working with havok to get physics aswell so just letting you guys know lol i dont no if there cards already support it or not but im guessing both are good from what i have searched but pulling more towards the 4870 but from the readings it seems like the nvidia will last longer which do you guys think i should get

according to ATI, they do support physics
http://www1.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=300&grp=3

this is on the sapphire product page for the HD 4850 ( ihave found it on the others as well)
256-bit memory interface
Quite and Powerful Dual Slot Vapor-Chamber Cooler, Under 20 dbA in 2D Operation, under 30 dbA in 3D Operation before 85 degree °C
DirectX® 10.1
24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
PCI Express® 2.0 support
Dynamic geometry acceleration
Game physics processing capability
ATI Avivo™HD video and display technology, Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD) for Blu-ray™ and HD VideoBuilt-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound supportOn-chip HDCP
ATI PowerPlay™ technology

im also wondering will the hd 4870 work with my 300 watt power supply i know it needs more but im on a budget that will have to wait so im wondering if 300 watts will work.

lol ya i want to start gaming now and watch some really nice videos as well the game im actually trying to run is gta 4 but i also want to run crysis

well it was a hundred because i bought the comp not to long ago but my girl let me go up 140 because all i thought i needed was the graphics card so i found one on ebay for 115 and it was the hd 4870 so ya my budget is 140 lol

no the 4850 isnt better than a 260, but from the sound of it, and excuse me if I'm wrong, but you're not running a really high resolution. ie a 24" monitor or better. If you're running a crt or a conservative size lcd then it wont matter, you may just be wasting what the gtx 260 can do.

That power supply is crap btw, and everyone here will tell you the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back