TechSpot

Grooveshark sued, Spotify limits free music to 10 hours per month

By Rick
Jan 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Grooveshark has been the target of litigious music companies for years, most notably being sued by the three largest record label groups in the world. Supposed partner and fourth largest…

Read the whole story

2. viperfl

viperfl TS Rookie Posts: 22

I had Spotify app on my phone till I got the message I could no longer stream music. There was no option for 10 hours a month. It's a good app and would of stuck with it if it was ad supported. So I ended up deleting the app.

3. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 551

The on the phone service has always been £10 a month

you Americans are still better off.

In the Uk its £4.99 for the unlimited (I have had this since they added the 10 hour and 5 song plays limit here)
    and £9.99 for the Premium- which you can use your phone on.

£1 is not $1!

4. anyone who sues groove shark will die of cancer!

5. Ah I see the Pseudo Net Police are at it again. These fat cats creaming off musicians are wanting even more greed soaked cash. I think the musicians need to come forward to give their oppinion about this, after all, without them, fat frank laughinh to the bank wouldn't have a penny if it wasn't for them!

6. Musicstalk is the best place to stream music and it's FREE. The others can charge all they want i dont use there services anyway

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,526   +324

Yeah, I live in the UK too and the price has put me off using it on my phone. £10 seems a bit steep to stream some music.

8. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,157   +739

I really wish the services and delivery industries could move as fast as the technology ones. This is following the same pattern as the Movies/TV industry. 1) Free Online stuff 2) Attracts tons of people 3) Networks/recording industries realize it's a legitmate way to deliver content 4) Decide to charge a lot more money 5) Services are lost (Spotify), costs go up (Netflix) and everyone waits and waits for something better (Google or Apple TV).

Can't we just skip ahead to #3 so we don't have to have the part where they take it away?

9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

Where do you think people are going to go if Grooveshark and Spotify go away or become more restrictive/expensive? Then who is the RIAA going after.. I don't think you thought everything through.

10. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

I wish Grooveshark do become one legal streaming platform in every aspect, i really love it & some other similar sites, but i mostly buy online from legit sites ;)

cheers!

11. everyone dies of something.

12. cancer is not a joke

13. It seems the music labels are still determined to promote copyright infringement. You either make the product easy to get at a low price or don't sell it at all.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.