TechSpot

GSC closed? S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 out of the Zone

By dividebyzero
Dec 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. For all you avid STALKER fans -including myself, some disheartening news that GSC may be closing it's doors from this report at Rock,Paper,Shotgun

It seems that the console crowd may have achieved what the Snorks, Bloodsuckers and anomolies could not...namely, kill Strelok.

Hopefully the code lives on with another developer or the modding community :(

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

Well of course it's going away. it was clever, wide open, didn't feel the need to spell it out for you, and lead you around with instructions for every step you took.
    Damn!

3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Topic Starter Posts: 4,900   +711

4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Good news indeed, was so disappointed when I heard they were closing down. Hope they can actually get this game out.

5. dividebyzero

If they're re-using maps/models from the previous games they must be reasonably advanced in putting the game together. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 was/is supposed to be PC and console, so I had a hope that if the game was integrating XAudio 2 and XInput libraries (needed for console development), then the game could well be DirectX 11.1, which utilizes both as well as DirectXMath and, by all accounts, provides a reasonable performance boost over DirectX 11.

6. dividebyzero

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,568   +103

Silver lining etc.

dividebyzero likes this.
  8. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

(sigh...)...This feels like Bungie.

9. dividebyzero

Thanks Arris.
    Here's the Vostok Games developer diary first video

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.