GTX 465 or HD 5850 with $250 to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilliak

Does anyone here think that the gtx 465 will beat the 5850 with better drivers or should i jsut get the 5850. I found a gtx 465 for only 250$. And i need as honest answers as possible no fanboy stuff.

I'll give you two answers...
1.If indeed you are looking for "honest" answers then,it depends on whether you view the step up in pricing to the HD 5850 a worthwhile investment by comparing reviews (such as here, here, here, here, here, or here). I would also wonder why you were considering a card whose successor is due for launch in around three weeks time....a card that is likely cheaper, faster, cooler and sucks less wattage. BTW: nVidia's drivers are never going to be good enough for a GTX 465 to overtake a HD 5850 in performance.

2. If I were a cynical person I'd view this thread as obvious flamebait ("no fanboy stuff" indeed).

2. If I were a cynical person I'd view this thread as obvious flamebait ("no fanboy stuff" indeed
).

@#$%!!&^^%$&(*$ Nvidia %$^%*&#$@&&%$ ATI &^**$ Nvidia %$^##! ATI, and furthermore...
$%##@**&^ ATI!!

Didn't want to disappoint ya Chef :rolleyes::wave:

No problem red i iz prepared...

troll_spray.jpg

No problem red i iz prepared...

:haha::haha: very good Chef!, I think I understand the recent use of visual aids as of late.
It is easier for the boilerplate regurgitating trolls to understand.

My vote is with DBZ, wait until the gtx 460 comes out and see how it performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back