GTX 465 or HD 5850 with $250 to spend?

By Zilliak
Jun 25, 2010
  1. Does anyone here think that the gtx 465 will beat the 5850 with better drivers or should i jsut get the 5850. I found a gtx 465 for only 250$. And i need as honest answers as possible no fanboy stuff.
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

I'll give you two answers...
    1.If indeed you are looking for "honest" answers then,it depends on whether you view the step up in pricing to the HD 5850 a worthwhile investment by comparing reviews (such as here, here, here, here, here, or here). I would also wonder why you were considering a card whose successor is due for launch in around three weeks time....a card that is likely cheaper, faster, cooler and sucks less wattage. BTW: nVidia's drivers are never going to be good enough for a GTX 465 to overtake a HD 5850 in performance.

2. If I were a cynical person I'd view this thread as obvious flamebait ("no fanboy stuff" indeed).
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

@#$%!!&^^%$&(*$ Nvidia %$^%*&#$@&&%$ ATI &^**$ Nvidia %$^##! ATI, and furthermore...
    $%##@**&^ ATI!!

Didn't want to disappoint ya Chef :rolleyes::wave:
  4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

No problem red i iz prepared...

5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

:haha::haha: very good Chef!, I think I understand the recent use of visual aids as of late.
    It is easier for the boilerplate regurgitating trolls to understand.
  6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

My vote is with DBZ, wait until the gtx 460 comes out and see how it performers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.