GUI driver problem

XXX82XXX

Hi all,
I am having a problem with the GUI driver with a few games (C&C 3: Tiberium Wars & Dragon Age). In both games the background textures are displaying as blurry low-res textures. It makes no difference what settings are chosen. The characters/units are displaying okay. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers several times but to no avail. I also used a program called 'Driver Cleaner Pro' but that didn’t fix matters either. When I install older drivers such as 10.2, the textures display correctly but not with the driver (11.7). I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows. Is there anything else I could try?
Windows 7 x64
ATI HD5770
E6600 core duo
5 GB RAM
DP965LT motherboard
Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed

I have this same problem, I have tried running the game in compatibility mode, yet still horrible blurry low-res textures haunt me.
I to have 11.7 drivers for my card and would like not to revert to a lower driver model.
Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Well, I found a solution. I turned on 'mipmapping' and the problem is gone. I always had it disabled in the past so I'm not sure why it should cause issues now.

Back