TechSpot

GUI driver problem

By XXX82XXX
Aug 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all,
    I am having a problem with the GUI driver with a few games (C&C 3: Tiberium Wars & Dragon Age). In both games the background textures are displaying as blurry low-res textures. It makes no difference what settings are chosen. The characters/units are displaying okay. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers several times but to no avail. I also used a program called 'Driver Cleaner Pro' but that didn’t fix matters either. When I install older drivers such as 10.2, the textures display correctly but not with the driver (11.7). I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows. Is there anything else I could try?
    Windows 7 x64
    ATI HD5770
    E6600 core duo
    5 GB RAM
    DP965LT motherboard
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Cpt CAPS LOCK

Cpt CAPS LOCK Newcomer, in training

Ed

I have this same problem, I have tried running the game in compatibility mode, yet still horrible blurry low-res textures haunt me.
    I to have 11.7 drivers for my card and would like not to revert to a lower driver model.
    Any help would be much appreciated. :)
  3. XXX82XXX

XXX82XXX Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 23

Well, I found a solution. I turned on 'mipmapping' and the problem is gone. I always had it disabled in the past so I'm not sure why it should cause issues now.
  4. Cpt CAPS LOCK

Cpt CAPS LOCK Newcomer, in training

Well I'll be ...

Thank you it worked. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.