Guild Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchy

does anyone here have or have played Guild Wars, i'm thinking of getting it but i need some opinions first.

Bought Guild Wars a few weeks ago - and I have to give it VERY high marks, if that's your style game.

I love the game play and the fact that it's 100% online. No patches to check for etc, and you can create up to 4 characters per license.

The environment is quite huge and constantly growing, and it's cool to hook up with other players and cooperatively attempt to complete tasks and missions.

You also don't have to play and build up a character forever before you can compete - there's something for everyone.

There's also 2 types of characters - role playeing and player vs player. You should check the official site for a description of each, because I am a little foggy on the pvp side of things - I'm strictly role playing for now.

I highly reccommend Guild Wars - but again, only if that is your style of game.

JB

I've been playing it through most of the beta weekends, and kept on playing after that. It's a very fun game, but can become a bit repetitive after a while.

But then you start playing a bit of PvP, and it breathes new life into the game...

Thus comes highly recommended from me too :)

Well i wnt out to Game Stop and bought it last night. After playing it the look and feel of the game reminded me of Fable. Just thought i would throw that out there...I also love the game (only had it for a day though)

Sean

It seems I will have to sell a kidney this month. Guild wars + GTA:Sa plus who knows what else ? Damn you game developpers !!! :p

quite true... basically the reason i didnt purchase world of warcraft was becuase of that blasted 15$$/mo pricetag along with the 50 bucks for the game. Anyway guildwars is a great game to play and i would reccomend everyone to buy it :) and then join my guild EAM! w00t

if i buy this game will it work for me , i am asking because i am from a distant planet called india and i dont have server running here. can anyone give me any suggestions.

:confused:

It will work, but you may have problems with lag...

Area.net says that there are servers all around the world, but not exactly where, so I can't tell you more than that...

its good. unique take on some aspects--same old same old on others. overall a good game. But with battlefield 2 coming out in about a week, might wanna just hold on to that 50bux!

MrGaribaldi said:
It will work, but you may have problems with lag...

Area.net says that there are servers all around the world, but not exactly where, so I can't tell you more than that...

Ok how much lag am i expexted to have, if it is hige it will take the thrill of playing the game.

anyway thankyou for the answer.

kol_indian said:
Ok how much lag am i expexted to have, if it is hige it will take the thrill of playing the game.

anyway thankyou for the answer.

well im from serbia (former Yugoslavia, internet connections realy sucks here) , and i didnt yet got GW but im planing to do it. I have some friends here that are playing GW on dial up connection and they say that it works perfectly (no lag at all) , so i think you would do fine

ok i have played GW for about a good year now ( since the betas and word preview event) and I have been able to see Guild Wars form into one of my favorate games of all time. This game is constantly changing and there is sooooo much stuff to do that it never gets old or boring. There is always something to do as well as tweak items to make it your very own so you don't have people running around looking just like you. You can go out and do a mission or you can just go out and explore It's all up to you. I can type all i want about this game and go on forever. but if your thinking about getting the game... just go out and get it i promise you won't be sorry. The graphics are better then WoW and there is NO MONTHLY FEE! And the game plays just like a MMORPG. The game is amazing and i hope this helps everyone decided to get the game. Oh and if any of yall get the game PM me through this name and maybe we can get together in the game to explore or mission or something. Hopes this helps!

to the person in iindia, the lag shuldnt be that much since you can play it on a dial up modem, and if you have a good conectin over there then you sould be ok

I have played it. Its a cool game if you like to be alone a lot. You only see people when you are out of town. (unless they are in your guild or group.) The graphics are amazing for being able to play online for free. (Thats another bonus.) If you are like me where i hate when the graphics interact when they are not supose to like when you are wearing a cape and it goes through your body. Well they made it so that nothing like that happens. There is different weapon settings. I say you should get it but i am with World of Warcraft.

I've purchased the game just it's release day in europe, and i'm addicted now. I've spent until now 200 hours on game and can't stop plaing anytime i've a moment to do it. I've purchased a second copy to my girlfriend and now she is addicted too.. and she stopped bothering me for plaing too much.. :)

misthero said:
I've purchased the game just it's release day in europe, and i'm addicted now. I've spent until now 200 hours on game and can't stop plaing anytime i've a moment to do it. I've purchased a second copy to my girlfriend and now she is addicted too.. and she stopped bothering me for plaing too much.. :)
Smart thinking ;)

momalyd said:
you can download the clent at the guild wars site, you need a credit card to buy an account though

Where is the client? According to the NCSoft website, there is no client!

hi finchy, on the guild wars home page click the support tab and there should be a big download client here button. it used to be on evry page but they put a large jobs add in its place. happy hunting.

Sorry.. I misunderstood you. I thought you meant a free trail, thats what I was looking for. I didn't reallise it was an activation thing :dead: . Ah well, summers here and I'm not going to be buying new games when I could be enjoying summer sunshine. I'm definitely getting it at the end of the holidays, I'm looking forward to chopping cowardly Char in covenant with companions :angel:

i bought it awhile back not realizing it was a mp only game. guess i should've looked at the box closer. one reason i don't like online games anymore is because ppl cheat and use trainers all the time, taking all the fun out of it. but the graphics rock! :)

Don't Buy WoW!

Belive me... you may find it fun at start but then it egts sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring + paying monthly fees screw its more. IT graphics Sucks as hell. Really if u unsure buy GW.

Anyways im not gonna buy GW either or anymore of those kinda games but Screw wow really

look What I posted on my guild forums...

Thats it for me. If u see me this days online just using my last days of the card...

Really tired of WoW plus paying monthly... is just bull****. So many other fun games that u dont have to pay. I wish I can sell the account at least... if not Il be mad as hell but oh well. Anyways WoW is just a waste of time... I bought it cause I could play it in the vacations... but when school starts... is jsut too much **** and I wont play + is boring + $$$

I play in 2 soccer teams (school and another league in my country) + school homeworks + the best and most precious better than ALL My girlfriend. And If I get a job = raped . so u guys should get a life and not a LIFE in WoW...

anyways. many ppl in wow are just nerds who only activity is play and they miss other **** . oh Well GL TO you guys ALL killswitch TY for all.

Cya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back