Hacker claims to have broken into nearly 80 banks, provides evidence

By Shawn Knight
Jun 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A self-proclaimed grey hat hacker known as Reckz0r claims to have accessed nearly 80 large banks, collecting a massive amount of customer data in the process. To verify these claims, the hacker made a plain text file available on…

Read more
  2. John Senchak

John Senchak TS Rookie

Nice a black-hat hacker with a morals, I don't this person claims of coveting to the right side
  3. ElShotte

ElShotte TS Enthusiast Posts: 162

Wow, they're gonna make money. I wonder how much the banks will be willing to pay them for a contract to fix those holes.
  4. Ma_ga

Ma_ga TS Rookie Posts: 39

He doesn't need to fix them, just point the finger at the holes.
  5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

LMFAO!!! The problem is when a person like this removes their finger from the hole, money falls out........
  6. A member UGNazi? This doesn't sound like a white hat to me.....
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Maybe if these companies get charged a 100,000 dollars per customer, and all of a sudden have to pay 500 million in fines, that their computer security will magically increase. Yeah, they may have to hire better trained people and pay them more, but that's still cheaper than another 500 million fine.
  8. gibbstar

gibbstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 30

completely agree! it is very sad how major companies (especially ones watching over our money!) still put digital security on the back burner
  9. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

Raise your hand if you smell a "Red Herring".
  10. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

wow 50 gigs of text
  11. lol was I was thinking the same thing. 50 gigs for text is pretty lol and sounds like more than 1.7k accounts worth of info.
  12. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Booster Posts: 224   +7

That's a lot of uncompressed whitespace. He must have never heard of compression Lulz
  13. SeymourG

SeymourG TS Rookie

*raises hand*
  14. A hacker named ''Reckz0r'' cannot be taken seriously.
  15. Of course they can.