TechSpot

Hard luck Hardware?

By Redic
May 4, 2008
  1. I had just built my new computer and like the amature i am i came across issue after issue.

Everything worked fine at the start but then i started looseing information and saved data which lead up a totaly system death -- simple i replaced the old HD , problemed solved.

But now Im getting random BOSD with an error report reading

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    stop: 0x00000050 (0xbffffff8, 0x00000000, 0x08054a51a, 0x00000000)

im not sure whats cuaseing this -- memtest came out fine so im thinking bad CPU ( duel core) or MOBO (Asus P5E-VM DO )

im leaning towards CPU, only cuase it seems to happon when something loads or to I try ot run two things at once. But it will never happon when i load up a game. :/

thanks

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

You could try reseating your ram and vid card. Switch the ram around also if all the same.

3. Redic

Redic TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nope , do you reeally think the ram could be the issue?

4. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,425   +77

If all your ram is not the same you are very likely to get those kind of problems.

5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

"Nope , do you reeally think the ram could be the issue?"

I mention it because memory is the cause of that error and the 2 most prevalent memory areas to fail are mobo ram and vid card ram.

If you have more than 1 mobo ram stick, remove all but one - try it out. If the error repeats swap for another, etc.

6. Redic

humm nope , swaped em both and tryed it with just one -- still getting the same issues

7. Redic

im thinking i may need to reinstall windows

8. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,425   +77

Build-your-own is ok if you are really experienced. One common error is not matching motherboard and Ram. If you look on the motherboard manufacturer's website, you will find a (usually large) table of tested ram product numbers. It is often not successful to wander outside that list.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.