Hardware diagnostics tools

learninmypc

I think its the program that started up automatically one day shortly after I got this W7 on 12/23/12. Like most pop ups, I quickly X'd out of it not knowing what it was.
The second time it happened, I let it go & it showed 100% ok. I think that was in January & I haven't seen it pop up since but if it has & it finished & disappeared on its own,ok.
Anyhow, I think I relocated it manually & Alerts was blinking. I clicked on it & saw this.
Hardware Diagnostice Tool.jpg
I think the Freedom Scientific Mirror thing is the program the original owner asked me for & I asked in here. I can't fing the thread thou.
The "Unknown Device" is just that, unknown.
Any suggestions? Or just leave it alone?

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.

A google search suggest that Freedom Scientifc thing is related to a product called JAWS Screen Reading product. Do you use JAWS? If not, then just uninstall the product.

As for the second driver error, do the following. Might help me determine what it is
List any Problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.
I truthfully don't know if anything on this W7 uses it. Since you've never used it, I may ignore it.

A google search suggest that Freedom Scientifc thing is related to a product called JAWS Screen Reading product. Do you use JAWS? If not, then just uninstall the product.

As for the second driver error, do the following. Might help me determine what it is
List any Problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
The Original owner had JAWS on here. As for your "Click Start->, enter instructions, this is a W7, not XP. Or am I confused?

I truthfully don't know if anything on this W7 uses it. Since you've never used it, I may ignore it.

Know I have never used , But if a problem occurs it might be useful, As it is doing for you now.

In win click on the start menu button, Then click on all programs, When the menu pops up, Click on accessories, Once this pops open scroll down to run, Then click on it. Then follow L ookinArounds Instuctions. Good Luck!!!!

List any Problem devices
Untitled.jpg

Back