Having issues installing my Brother Hl-1440 printer

By Rock4MUSIC
Mar 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, for the last past day ive been frustrated, trying to find a solution on installing my printers driver, my printer is brother-1440 (am connecting thru usb), am running windows 7 64 bit. Ive done some research from my understanding the model of my printer, does not have a windows 7 64 bit driver available. When I tried on installing driver, I get the error "not found section Microsoft,NTamd64" , is there any solution to my madness?
    -Thanks Rock
  2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 888   +39

3. Rock4MUSIC

Rock4MUSIC Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 24

I went thru the windows update, it updated the list, I installed the brother HL-1440 driver, after it ask for test page to print, I hit okay to print the test page, now the status of the page being printed it has a error, I tried to print other pages, it won't print, the status says error-printing. I hook up my other laptop in matter of two minutes recognizing installing the driver, the printer works, same operating system windows 7 64 bit. I don't understand what could be the issue. 111111.png
    -Thanks Rock
  4. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 888   +39

Have you tried right clicking on the printer icon in "Devices & Printers" then select remove device? Then reboot and retry.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.