Having problem loading QuickBooks Premier Editions 2010

Carmen__Tsamg

I have problems loading QuickBooks Premier Editions 2010. I tried uninstall and reinstall it and the problem still existed. It always pops up "Warning: The version of Quickbooks requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later" But the problem is, my internet explorer is already 9.0. I don't know what should I do. I am doing an accounting course this semester and I desperately need help. I need to use Quickbook to do homework. Thank for your time to read this post

I actually find this solution but I really don't know how to edit Registry key, can somebody teach me please?
[FONT=verdana]Incorrect Windows registry key
Caution: The computer's registry should only be edited by a qualified computer professional. Editing the registry incorrectly can damage your installed programs or the Windows operating system itself. Contact your system/network administrator, or a local computer consultant for more information about troubleshooting your Windows registry.
When seeking assistance with the Windows registry, advise the person helping troubleshoot this issue that QuickBooks is looking for the following registry keys and values:
  • [FONT=verdana]Registry Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer Value: Version = Version number entered must be greater than 6.0[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana]Registry Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppPaths\Iexplore.exe
    Value: (Default) = C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (or any valid path to iexplore.exe)[/FONT]
As an alternate solution, QuickBooks can be configured to override the current version of Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Locate the qbw.ini file in the QuickBooks default installation directory:
QuickBooks 2007 or later:
  • [FONT=verdana]Windows 8/7/Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (Year)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana]Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [Version]where [Version] is your version of QuickBooks.[/FONT]
QuickBooks 2006 or earlier:
  • [FONT=verdana]Windows 8/7/Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (Year)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana]XP: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=verdana]Right-click the qbw.ini file and select Open With.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=verdana]Select Notepad and click OK.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=verdana]Locate the [Misc] section of the qbw.ini file. If the section does not exist, add it to the bottom of the file.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=verdana]Enter IEVersionOverride=600 below the [Misc] section heading on a new line.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=verdana]Select the File menu, select Save, and then close Notepad.[/FONT]

If these solutions don't resolve the issue, you can read discussions and post messages and questions relating to your issue on the Intuit QuickBooks Community site for free. You can contact an agent for additional guidance. Fees may apply.[/FONT]

Have you tried the alternate solution of editing the ini file?
thanks for replying
I could not find the [FONT=verdana]qbw.ini[/FONT][FONT=verdana] file as indicated in the solution, and I tried the edited key thing, I located [/FONT]
  • Registry Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer Value: Version = Version number entered must be greater than 6.0
  • Registry Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppPaths\Iexplore.exe
    Value: (Default) = C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (or any valid path to iexplore.exe)
[FONT=verdana]but they version number is greater than 6.0 (it is 9.022something) Maybe I got virus???? I have no idea....[/FONT]

Most postings I looked at on Intuit's site points to what you posted. Except for this one: http://community.intuit.com/posts/turning-on-explorer-8

Below is the 4th post from that page. I guess you can skip the d/l of the tool since you're not experiencing Fatal Error. See if that helps.

This appears to have been caused by a Microsoft update released on 12/15/2011 that affected Internet Explorer
try this tool first https://www.quickbase.com/up/bd9yykidd/g/rbg/eg/va/QB-FatalError-Fix.exe
if not try :
  1. Close all programs that are currently open in Windows.
  2. Click the Windows Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Find Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9 and click to clear the checkbox.
  4. Click OK and then restart your computer.
  5. When your computer comes back from the restart, click the Windows Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off and put a checkmark next to Internet Explorer.
    Restart your computer again if you are prompted.
  6. Open QuickBooks.

I tried the tool first and it is still rebooting, hold on

First options does not work, the same problem still exists, I am going to try the second options

Omg you are amazing, it works!!! Yeah! Thank you so much!
Now, I have a second accounting software, Simply Accounting Student Version 2012 is not working
When I tried to open it, warning pop up, saying "the avaliable font, MS Sans Serif 8, may not be suitable. If Home and transaction windows do not display correctly, use Windows Control Panel to add fonts
what should I do now??

And simply accounting does pop out, however, it stopped at the creating new files proccess, it always come back the the first step when I try to create the file. I don't know how to fix it...the file does not create, or even if it does, it cannot be open. I don't know what I should do now....please helppp

Omg you are amazing, it works!!! Yeah! Thank you so much!
Now, I have a second accounting software, Simply Accounting Student Version 2012 is not working
When I tried to open it, warning pop up, saying "the avaliable font, MS Sans Serif 8, may not be suitable. If Home and transaction windows do not display correctly, use Windows Control Panel to add fonts
what should I do now??

http://community.sage50accounting.ca/COMMUNITY/forums/p/14819/50619.aspx

So, where ever it says MS Sans Serif, change that to something else, and see that will get rid of the error message.

Clipboard01.png

http://community.sage50accounting.ca/COMMUNITY/forums/p/14819/50619.aspx

So, where ever it says MS Sans Serif, change that to something else, and see that will get rid of the error message.

View attachment 75333

I checked, but there isn't a option that checked MS Sans Serif....all the font is in Segoe UI, don't know what to do..error message still exists.
by the way I can open the sage simply accounting now, all I do is to skip as much as the set up new company proccess as possible

I checked, but there isn't a option that checked MS Sans Serif....all the font is in Segoe UI, don't know what to do..error message still exists.

Sorry, but I'm stumped. I'd suggest contacting Sage. They offer live chat assistance. Or try updating the program. Perhaps your school's IT department can help.

Back