Having problems with my laptop shutting down

Basically, I have a laptop that, whenever I play certain games, I get about ten minutes of game-play, then it just shuts down like I had held the power button for so long. would like an answer to the problem, as I'm getting guild wars 2 this Sunday and want it to be playable.
Games it has shut down on:
TF2
games that it hasn't shutdown on:
Diablo 3

specs
manufacturer: e-machines
model: eME732
processor: intel core i3 m 370 @2.4ghz
ram: 2GB or 2048mb
DirectX: 11

1 is your graphics card suitable for playing the games I would say on the said laptop go to google then type can you run it then click on link thise will take u to a site that will help determine the games you can play so once on there theres 2 drop down boxes in the 2nd box look for your games then click then after click on canurunit tab and wait then the system will tell you pass or fail and on what parts for instance it might say core i3 pass but on graphics it might say fail .. if passes on all then let us know and then can look further

I tells me I have the minimum requirements for TF2 and guild wars 2 (I tell a lie, need a little more ram, like 0.2GB) but the graphic card is fine in both cases (intel hd graphics)

Set the power plans (both A/C and battery mode) for MAX cooling.

Power Options->Advanced Power Settings
There's a profile choice { Balanced, Dell, Hi Perf,Power Saver}
[+] Processor Power Mgmt
------> [+] system cooling Policy -->active

Just my thought, since you said shutting down after 10 minutes playing, probably it's an overheating problem

I agree something is getting hot and laptop shutting down to protect itself..I would say get everest and then watch your temperatures as u play

Back