Inactive Heacabx.exe problem on flash drive; heacab.exe problem on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
FLASH DRIVE PROBLEM

Currently looking for how to fix or eliminate the following problem:

Problem Description:
- All files, folders, movies and photos on USB flash drive has suddenly changed to the following:
Example: E:/holiday photo.jpg to E:/heacabx.exe holiday photo.jpg (the same goes for files,
folders, home movies). (this is on the USB flash drive)
- It changes the size of all files, folders, etc. to 1kb as always indicated under the file or
folder in Windows system. (This is on the flash drive)
- FLV (Flash Video) files stay untouched, but it affects all other types of files, folders, etc.
(this is on the flash drive)
- A quick scan with various AV packages and various utility software (IOBIT security 360,
Glary Utilities (Process Manager), etc.) shows that in C:/Documents and Settings there is located a heacab.exe in the User Profile (Example: Smith) but the folder does not have such a file there, and by setting the folder to show hidden system files doesn't show the file either. (this is on the computer)
- The heacab.exe shows in the Process Manager to be a 3,560k size file, but no heacabx.exe file exists anywhere on the computer.
- After this heacab.exe file has been found on the computer, most .exe software on the computer fails to open - after a reinstall they work okay.
- Please note that the computer is not an Internet-connected PC, although other computers
in the house are connected (a home network has not been set up).
- The flash drive has been taken to other computers in the house and the heacab.exe or heacabx.exe file hasn't been found on any of them.

Computer Setup:
- Microsoft XP, Home Edition, V2002, Service Pack 2
- Unknown Intel Motherboard - 4xSATA and 1xIDE Controllers
- Intel CPU, 1.60 GHz
- 512 MB RAM (Core 2 Duo)
- Excelstor Technology J80805 (80 GB) hard drive
- Intel (R) 82945 G Express Chipset Graphics
- Sony DVD RW AW-G170A DVD Writer (and CD/DVD ROM reader)
- Realtek RTL8169/8110 Gigabit Ethernet
- Realtek Hi-Def Audio
- USB 2.0
- standard PS/2 keyboard, standard optic mouse
- Canon i250 Printer

Software List:
- FLV Player4Free
- Belarc Adviser
- Cyberlink DVD Suite
- Micrsoft Office 97
- Nero 7
- Google Chrome
- Clamwin AV
- Spyware Blaster
- Foxit Reader
- GIMP
- Photoscape Retouch
- Retouch Pilot
- Triscape
- Wire Pilot
- Ashampoo (both Burning Studio 2009, and , Photo Optimizer)
- Adobe Reader 9
- USB 2.0 UVC Webcam
- IOBIT Security 360
- Readiris Pro 10
- Freerip
- 7-Zip
- Glary Utilities
- Windows Media Player 9
- Burnaware Free
- Videolan 2.0.2
- Auslogics Disk Defrag
- Pandora Recovery 2.1.1
- Revo Uninstaller 1.85
- Greenstreet Greetings Card Maker 3
- Open Office.org 3.1
- AVS Media (DVD Player 2.6, Video Tools 5.5.3)
- PCFriendly (DVD player)
- RealPlayer Alternative & Media Player Classic

Games:
- Normal Microsoft XP games as integrated with original XP disk
- PopCap Games (Zuma's Revenge, Peggle)

Flash Drives used on the computer by its regular user:
- Lexar (4GB)
- Sandisk Cruzer Slice (8GB)
- Verbatim (2 drives of 8GB each)
- Kingston DataTraveler (4GB)
- Kingston DataTraveler (8GB)
- TDK (8GB)
- Transcend (8GB)
- AData Classic C803 (8GB)

Can anyone render any assistance, please?

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back