TechSpot

Heated hard drive

1. Hello all. I've had my Sager NP8130 for about three months and I've realized that even though the dual exhaust system does a good job of heat dissipation, my hard drive seems to heat up pretty quickly. It's not scalding hot, but it is warm and I believe its heat is causing the battery pack to warm up also.

Is there anyone here that could shed some light on this? I'm wondering if this is the norm.

Specs:
    i7-2670
    GTX 560M
    8GB RAM
    7200rpm HD

2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

You have a bunch of relatively high powered equipment packed into a small box. It's gonna get warm. You might try an active cooling pad or something of that nature.

3. sadbluescreener

sadbluescreener TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 161

I understand that it will get warm, but my hard drive is the big problem for me. It feels rather hot under the machine, even right now as I'm using it in an air conditioned environment. It's the only part of laptop that is giving off any kind of heat. :s I am also worried about it causing the battery to become warm.
    Is there any software I could use to monitor this temperature?

4. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.