Help building $1000 gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak55555

Ok, I need to build a gaming desktop my maximum budget is 1000$ , I don't know where to start, any suggestions? I already have the case so I wont be needing that, I will be using the pc primarily for gaming, and I am hoping to keep the computer easy to upgrade.

These are the specs I am aiming for (better if possible):) :

-core 2 duo 3.0ghz

- 4gb ram

-500gb hard drive 7200 rpm

-dual graphic cards (the best)

-dvd-rw optical drive

plzz help.

Ok, assuming you already have a case and a monitor, here's what I propose:

Grand Total = $1005.69 after considering rebates and the free shipping. It's slighty over-budget but will give you a screaming-fast PC that will enable you to run any game you run cranked up to the highest detail settings without experiencing any lag. The RAM and HSF will also allow you to get the E8400 to above 4GHz easily and keep it pretty cool at that frequency.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

The 4870X2 is the most powerful card available right now. So I'd say it's worth the price. But if you're not gaming at 1600x1200 or 1920x1200, then the 9800GX2 is the better choice. I'd stick with the other choices I've recommended though. They're much better overall.

And yes TP, PowerColor is a decent brand.

OK, thanks for the advise but I don't think I could make myself spend that much on just a graphics card no matter how good and I think I will probably downgrade the processor from quad core to core 2 duo to save some cash to upgrade my monitor, how about this?:

-ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail (in a combo with the E8400) - $274.99

--Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM $74.99

-Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) $79.99

-XFX GeForce 9800 GX2 Video Card - 1GB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDMI $299.99

-Dell - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor 349.99

comes to a total of 1100.00$ its above my budget a little but I think it's worth it...

What do you think?

I only see 2 problems: the HDD and RAM are unavailable at TigerDIrect. I'd recommend this HDD and the same RAM I recommended before.

Everything else looks great.

For a smaller monitor, the extra horsepower in the 9800GX2 is a waste. You can go with the cheaper HD 4870 instead.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. At that res, you will get 60+ FPS with both cards, beyond which you will not be able to see any difference in performance since the human eye is not able to distinguish individual frames beyond 60FPS. So unless you have a bionic eye (;)) or are considering buying another monitor in the future, I would recommend the HD 4870 over the 9800GX2. You can read any reviews of the HD 4870 where it is pitted against the 9800GX2 and judge for yourself.

Building pc

zak55555:

Did you build this ddr3 pc?
I'd to know if you had any problems installling everything.
What were your final components?

tks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back