Help for a MAC user on a PC site???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Here is a message from Sweden! I have recently received my ADSL modem, an Alcatel Speedtouch and have set-it up ok, I am surfing from it at the moment. I have been trying all weekend to set-up a D-Link 624+ router so I can surf wireless through my MAC's airport, but have had no luck whatsoever. I have enabled both the MAC and the router to receive DHCP automatically, but the only IP address my router receives is the 192.160.0.1 address. I have powered down the router and disconnected the modem, waited 20 mins and then started-up the modem, connected to the router and then connected the MAC but still nothing. I am currently trying a reverse polarity cable between the modem and the router, but the same story, just the 192.160.0.1 address.

Customer service from my IP (Glocalnet) and from D-Link here in Sweden is awful and I have received no help. Is there someone out there who can shed some light and help me solve this problem. I would be very grateful and you will help stop my hair going grey!

Thanks, Yossaria

Your router has two IP addresses, local and WAN. Local address of 192.168.0.1 is the typical factory default and it is quite normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back