TechSpot

Help I tried the 8step virus removal and got stuck

By ffonzones
Nov 8, 2010
  1. I was given the thread for the 8step vir/malware removal and I just downloaded Avira yesterday, I completed the TFC, ran and completed MBAM, and also GMER, but when I click the link for DDS by sUBs it wouldn't work eventhough the green light on my laptop was flickering like it was processing something,but nothing ever came. So I used my desktop pc and clicked the link and it immediately pop-up, so I am not sure what is the next proper step in this. I tried other links to get DDS by sUBs and still same result. I will post the MBAM,GMER, and HijackThis logs and I would greatly appreciated any assistance. Thanks in advance....Oh yea the reason is because my laptop will take atleast 10+ minutes to startup half that to shut-down and recently I think a virus hacked in to my MSE AV because it started consistanly failing updates would take 4-6hours if the program would even open up.Even after I would re-install it. I tried AVG but I waited 8 hours and wasn't halfway done with install. Though Avira download fairly quick. And I also download Comodo Firwall yesterday too. In general it takes a longtime to do anything. 8 months ago this laptop eventhough it's pretty old ran as much as 80-90% faster than now.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5075

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
    Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

11/8/2010 11:37:56 AM
    mbam-log-2010-11-08 (11-37-56).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Objects scanned: 155823
    Time elapsed: 25 minute(s), 10 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

GMER 1.0.15.15530 - http://www.gmer.net
    Rootkit quick scan 2010-11-08 11:55:12
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
    Running: ky34m93t.exe

---- Services - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Service system32\drivers\geyekrpllolemp.sys (*** hidden *** ) [SYSTEM] geyekrecfmkdvi <-- ROOTKIT !!!

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

[HJT log removed - Broni]

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,904   +344

3. Broni

Never edit your posts, because it doesn't trigger email notification and if not a friend, who noticed it, I'd never know.

Now, you posted incorrect logs.

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
    Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
    Attached logs won't be reviewed.

4. ffonzones

ffonzones TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks but I thought I did

Sorry about before, but I did all the steps and pasted all logs I didn't split them up though, but if read I couldn't run the DDS by sUBs. It would pop up for me to download?? Other than that I did everything else. do you see something I did wrong other than not splitting the logs after 50,000 chra.

5. ffonzones

ffonzones TS Rookie Topic Starter

Help I tried the 8step virus removal and got stuck
    I was given the thread for the 8step vir/malware removal and I just downloaded Avira yesterday, I completed the TFC, ran and completed MBAM, and also GMER, but when I click the link for DDS by sUBs it wouldn't work eventhough the green light on my laptop was flickering like it was processing something,but nothing ever came. So I used my desktop pc and clicked the link and it immediately pop-up, so I am not sure what is the next proper step in this. I tried other links to get DDS by sUBs and still same result. I will post the MBAM,GMER, and HijackThis logs and I would greatly appreciated any assistance. Thanks in advance....Oh yea the reason is because my laptop will take atleast 10+ minutes to startup half that to shut-down and recently I think a virus hacked in to my MSE AV because it started consistanly failing updates would take 4-6hours if the program would even open up.Even after I would re-install it. I tried AVG but I waited 8 hours and wasn't halfway done with install. Though Avira download fairly quick. And I also download Comodo Firwall yesterday too. In general it takes a longtime to do anything. 8 months ago this laptop eventhough it's pretty old ran as much as 80-90% faster than now.

6. Broni

You're not reading our manual.
    We don't use HJT anymore.

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
    Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
    Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.