Help me build my computer

By LouieG02
Sep 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Heyy guys, just looking for a little advice on building my own computer, im into FPS games like call of duty, BF3, I also like Skyrim and RPG games, And Gmod, im wanting a computer that can run at high settings, dosnt need to be ultra, just high, I will be playing at 1920x1080, I have keyboard, mouse and a monitor, all I need is the insides to be decent enough to run high-ish games, and the bigger titles,

My budget is 350-400 ish if its possible let me know :)but the cheaper the better [​IMG].
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,677   +868

Well, $400 doesnt get you much. If you can get the budget to $500 you can easily be talking a nice PC for the price.
  3. hopgop1

hopgop1 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 175   +19

I just compiled together some parts totaling $500, have no idea how good this is, JC is the expert here. Also another 400$ build. Also JC, what do you think about these builds, would these do the job? I think I'm getting better at choosing parts!!
    400$ PC.jpg
    500$ PC.jpg

Note these will meet BF3 minimum requirements but I recommend getting JC's opinion he has helped me and is a beast at putting together PC builds.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,677   +868

The first build is the best you can get for $400 I guess. It is a very weak build though.

The second one can easily outperform the first one by probably 2x (CPU wise). The GPU can maby be upped to something like a 7750 or a 7770.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.