Help! My computer and video card needs all your help.

By FutureComputer
Jul 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, all

My computer crashes when I try to play Battlefield 2 and Guild Wars. When I get into one or the other game my video card crashes right away and puts dashes of color across the screen, then my computer freezes and i have to shut the power supply off
    Sometimes it restarts by it self and has an error report message saying that a serious error occured (or something like that) and asking me to send the report.

I was wondering if maybe this forum would have something that might help like the under clocking. http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27794.html

I think it might have something to do with it being to hot.

Could someone please tell me how to check the GPU temp.

Motherboard: ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe
    Video Card: ASUS Extreme N6800GT

Please help! :confused:
  2. compguy

compguy Newcomer, in training Posts: 162

Yes do what that forum said and your problema would go away. :grinthumb :grinthumb

Sebastian :darth:
  3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

You should be able to check your temps in the nVidia control panel on a 6800GT. It might be your temps causing your problems, but my 6800GT runs pretty hot with no problems when playing games. It runs about 55c at idle and 65-70 under load when playing games, and I only have the stock cooler. If it is running hotter than it should you might need to add a case fan or two to improve air flow.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.