HELP?! My PC diagnostic disappeared AND my DVD-RAM doesn't exist anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am a University student that doesn't know where to take her Computer problems to; could somebody help me get my Matsh i ta (one word) DVD-RAM UJ-840S to exist again?

For some reason (probably a download I did, but now should be all removed) my DVD-RAM no longer burnt to CD let alone DVD.
When I try copying to any disc I get a window saying "problem copying" and my only 2 choices are "try again" or "cancel"
I surfed around and got help from Microsoft to edit my registry. In the end, I still have no recognized D drive unless a CD or DVD is PLAYING (that part still works) at the time.
I also tried getting help from Tosbiba's web site as well as trying to download the driver from other sites...

So this is the HKEY that is now on my computer (Toshiba Satellite M50, Windows XP Pro.):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives\Volume{e473b953-164a-11da-b803-806d6172696f}]
"Drive Type"=dword:00000001
"CurrentCDWriteSpeed"=dword:ffffffff
"MaxCDWriteSpeed"=dword:0000003e

AND BELOW WAS WHAT THE KEY WAS BEFORE I CHANGED IT (BUT LIKE I SAID NEITHER SEEM TO WORK...IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE THEN?)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives\Volume{e473b953-164a-11da-b803-806d6172696f}]
"Drive Type"=dword:00000001
"CurrentCDWriteSpeed"=dword:ffffffff
"MaxCDWriteSpeed"=dword:0000001e

I don't see a difference; Do you see a difference?...

PLEASE AND THANKS.
S.

qtpt2t said:
"MaxCDWriteSpeed"=dword:0000003e

"MaxCDWriteSpeed"=dword:0000001e

I don't see a difference; Do you see a difference?...

PLEASE AND THANKS.
S.

Here is the difference what I see.

Uninstall the hardware and software that came with it, re-install and hope for the best

dvd ram not burning

Did you maybe try right clicking on your Burner drive clicking properties and then the recording tab..... and enable it to record? Just might be a simple fix...that they looked at from the complicated side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back