Help OCing Biostar TA790GX 128M

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaUcY

jsut installed a Biostar TA790GX 128M mobo in my system..... I'm not having to much success overclocking it. i can get it about 250Mhz over the stock 2.5Ghz with alright stability but thats about it. anyone have any ideas?

jsut installed a Biostar TA790GX 128M mobo in my system..... I'm not having to much success overclocking it. i can get it about 250Mhz over the stock 2.5Ghz with alright stability but thats about it. anyone have any ideas?
i'm talking about my Phenom 9850 BE precessor of course. i just have a feeling its the mobo holding me back.

possibly not Z, phenom1's have a reputation as bieng really lousy overclockers.that 10% may be all you get out of it. what multiplier are you using? and what have you tried thus far?

i had the multiplier set at stock 12.5 because when i went any higher it was extremly unstable(couldn't even boot windows) but that was when i already set the refrence clock to 220. i over volted the northbridge and the cpu, even tried under clocking the ram and setting the multiplier higher but that didnt work either. i have got it to 2.8GHz before but like i siad, EXTREMLY unstable.

possibly not Z, phenom1's have a reputation as bieng really lousy overclockers.that 10% may be all you get out of it. what multiplier are you using? and what have you tried thus far?

hey red1776, i just read your system specs and it says you re timed your ram. how exactly do you do that? i tired seting mine to 4clk from stock 5clk but it wouldnt run.

What about aftermarket cooling? Also, have you tried setting dividers in the BIOS for the FSB and RAM frequencies?

i have a Zalman cnsp 9700 that keeps it PRETTY COOL! im not to familiar with the dividers.... i found the option for my processor is that what your talking about? its default is 1 but if i set it higher it cuts my processor speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back