serieal ch1 no device

primary ide master not detected
primary ide slave not detected
secondary ide master [_nec dvd+rw nd-2100ad
secandaty ide slave not detected

anyone know what i can do

thankyou in advance

That is saying saying that your computer cannot find the Harddrive
Also note that this detection of a harddrive from your computer Bios settings is not a "driver" issue
Does Windows start up? I suspect no, but just in case you have another Sata port (or other drive where Windows is located) that is actually working

Turn off your computer
Remove the power cord from the back of the computer
Hold your computer ON button in for 30 secs (dispersing internal voltage)
Let go of the ON button
Put the power cord back in
Turn ON the computer

If the above doesn't work, you may have a harddrive fail, or the harddrive cable may have come loose inside the computer
You will need to reseat your Harddrive cables internally (following all electrical and ansti-static recommendations as per your manual

Did the above work?
If not, please reply with your make and model of your computer and what you have tried so far

That is saying saying that your computer cannot find the Harddrive
Also note that this detection of a harddrive from your computer Bios settings is not a "driver" issue
Does Windows start up? I suspect no, but just in case you have another Sata port (or other drive where Windows is located) that is actually working

Turn off your computer
Remove the power cord from the back of the computer
Hold your computer ON button in for 30 secs (dispersing internal voltage)
Let go of the ON button
Put the power cord back in
Turn ON the computer

If the above doesn't work, you may have a harddrive fail, or the harddrive cable may have come loose inside the computer
You will need to reseat your Harddrive cables internally (following all electrical and ansti-static recommendations as per your manual

Did the above work?
If not, please reply with your make and model of your computer and what you have tried so far

Hello Kimsland Ty for the answer..

but the solutions didnt work.. As you said windows does not work it comes the windows xp logo and then, it shots down and then it shows no device found... and the menu apears.. start windows normaly or some other options..
The computer is a fujistsu siemens scaleo 600 ?? AMD.

reset hardrive cables ?? how do i do that ?? i dont have any manual.. maybe i could find one online....

I have also tried to do some things i BIOS but i dont have any idea of how it works. sow i dont wanna mess something up

TY in adavance..

Well its not a Hard Drive fail if it gets to the Windows Logon screen
And it seems the Bios is ok, but if you have changed anything in there, I suggest you run Bios Setup Defaults, which is in there somewhere too

Here's a 3 more options

Press F8 at startup, and then select "Last Known Good Configuration"

--------

You could try running CheckDisk (Checkdisk Xp, or Checkdisk Vista instructions) on your system

Running Checkdisk from your Windows CD bootup:
  • Select the first R prompt, to log into the recovery console
  • Press 1 then Enter
  • Then type: chkdsk /r then press enter

--------

You can also run System Restore from XP Safe Mode Command Prompt
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Ideally let me know if any worked or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back