Status
Not open for further replies.
System Spec :

Windows Xp SP3
Amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 5600+
3.2gb ram
Ati Radeon HD4800

Norton 360 Has Been Coming Up With This Message Now For a Week or so -
Is there an easy way of getting rid of this malware filth ? I am a complete noob so any help is appreciated.
Some things ive noticed which seem unusual
1.Google chrome is sluggish and started crashing at first when the flash player was needed but now its just slow.
2.I cannot Access the system volume information folder on my main HD
3. A0000037.sys is infected and norton says i need to proceed with a manual removal.
4. Norton kept blocking an IP address about a week ago, as if someone were trying to access my computer remotely.

Im not a complete ***** when it comes to PC's but this kind of thing is way beyond me... Any ideas?

Welcome to TechSpot. I'll help with the malware. As far as there being an easy way to remove the malware- no, there isn't. But we can start and progress:

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, paste the logs for review in your next reply . Okay if you need more than 1 post.

Important!
Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

I'll review the logs first, then likely have you run the TDSSKiller.

Hi, Ive Followed The Guide up to a -point, i was running gmer and left my workstation for 5 mins to make a tea, when i came back explorer had crashed. I couldn't Bring Up Task Manager .
Also i had a couple of error messages when gmer was running what do you suggest?

a couple of error messages when gmer was running

What were they? Is your system 64 bit? If so, you won't be able to run GMER, so run Mbam and DDS.

I'd like you to run this online virus scan also:
Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus scan HEREhttp://www.eset.eu/online-scanner
  1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  4. Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  5. Click Start
  6. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  7. Click Scan
  8. Wait for the scan to finish
  9. Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  10. A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

Please remember to paste the logs in- use more than one post if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back