TechSpot

Help Please (Hijackthis log included)

By elmyra123
Apr 21, 2007
  1. My computer's been crashing and rebooting by itself. I usually leave it on for torrents download. I don't know what's wrong. I notice the RAM is always above 60%. My RAM in 1 gig, but it seems much slower. I cleaned my register using Uniblue Registry Booster 2. There was like 800 errors! Is it PC-Cillin that is hogging my RAM? Malware/spyware that isn't detected? PLEASE HELP. Thank you

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

I can't see anything nasty in your HijackThis log, but something may be lurking there, that could possibly be uncovered by running some other scans.

Please go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HijackThis, ComboFix, and AVG Anti-Spyware logs as attachments into this thread. Also post here the results of the AVG Anti-Rootkit scan.

Regards :)

3. elmyra123

elmyra123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok, I will do that. Thank you kitty!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.