Help removing Office 03

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have win xp sp3
I'm working on a laptop for a friend that started out with office 03. He asked me to upgrade him to office 07. So I did. I just ran the office 07 pro plus volume lic. disk. Software went on fine. He decided later that he did not like office 07. So I attempted to remove it and put office 03 back on. I removed it successfully. When I tried to install office 03 it said that it was already installed. When I tried to open word the windows installer screen comes up as if it was installing the program the goes away and never opens. Then I get the message that “this patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package.” When I checked Add/Remove program I see it there, but I will not allow me to remove it. I get the same message. What should I do to remove it? Can someone please help me in resolving this problem?

I have the same problem, but can't figure it out either. Help please. Installer cleanup did not work for me.

From the link given by jdillman

We recommend that you do not use this utility with 2007 Office system products. For help removing installations of 2007 Office system products, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 928218 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/ ) How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature.

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not perform the following functions:

Remove Windows Installer
Remove files of any programs that are installed by Windows Installer, such as Microsoft Office 2003

In short (I assume from the utterly opaque descriptions above) it wont actually uninstall anything......it might allow a reinstall though.

Tried to uninstall Office 2003 using the control appwiz.cpl comand but that still did not work.
How do I remove the Windows Installer?

Still got the same error message "“this patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package.”

Thanks gbhall,

Yes, tried what the Microsoft link said and get the same error. I already have "Your Uninstaller Pro" installed and it gives me a different error. It won't uninstaller it either. So I'm not sure the Revo Uninstaller would work but I'll try it tonight and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back