Help required I beg of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross MacPhail

Ok good afternoon to you all ,first of all thank you for taking time out to help me my problem is i play flight sim all the time and i am getting the BSD i used to get it one every so often but im getting it all the time now after about 20 mins playing my specs are

gigabyte S-series GA-P35C-DS3R mobo E6850 processor unclocked ,OCZ reaper ram 2x1 gig OCZRPR10662GK, ATI HD4850 512mb card and 37" lcd tv

i am fairly competent in the logo of cpus but not very tech minded so please bare with me i am on the verge of selling this cpu i have also just recently changed to an antec nine hundred to case to aid cooling so all temps apart from gfx card are blue.

Okay, first, is this occuring only when you are playing games or do these BSODs occur at other times?

My first suspicion is when I read BSODs and gaming are the video card drivers. I know you have the latest drivers installed but sometimes old drivers are left over and can cause problems. Soif you haven't used a driver cleaner before your last update try these steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Someone earlier this week was having similar issues and the problem was left-over old drivers that never fully uninstalled. DCP comes in real handy for that.

* Another thing I would check for is your air flow and heat. All fans spinning, i.e., case, cpu, video card? What are your temperature readings?

* Let us know of the results.

If not HW overheating then the below may help. This will help pinpointing HW by getting everything else out of the way.

Get CCleaner SLIM at bottom (no crappy yahoo toolbar)
Run twice or more on Cleanup temps, then on left click Registry then Scan for issues also repeat till clean.

Run ATF-Cleaner http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html Temp and Registry, repeatedly until no more found.

KCleaner ftp://ftp2.kcsoftwares.com/kcsoftwa/files/kcleaner.exe
Fantastic cleaner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The issues can and are likely found is in System Restore so do the below

Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk- System Restore and create a new Restore point. Name it "Ccleanup at TechSpot".

Then Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk Cleanup
Click OK to accept C:
Select all Boxes
Then click More Options
Here click System Restore and OK to "Are you sure" and the OK to Run.

As this runs it clears all but the most recent Restore Point but it does one other thing that can contain infested files and a huge amount of disk space.

It clears what is known as Shadow copies which are used by specialized back up programs.

This is if you have the Volume Shadow Copy running which is the default.

Reboot before testing.

Up to you but then i would do the below.... You may be surprised....

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).

Most importantly update MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware!

Mike

Ok guys away to do all the mentioned steps now and will let you know as soon as i do wioth regards to temps all fans are spinnin 5 of them and gfx card is usually no higher than 46 degrees thanks guys will post abck as soon as done and tested

I think based on the fact that they were rare then began to occur more often that it is likely to not be the Driver.

With high respect for Route44 I hope he don't mind if my steps be done first and his can just as well be done afterward if needed.

Mike

Ok guys did the first set of instructions with regards to the gfx card it turns out the newest gfx drivers were out on the 29/01/09 i was a couple of months out of date so i did the uninstall then restarted in safe mode ran the pro driver cleaner and then rebooted installed new drivers then i went through the 8 step cleanup procedure before i did that i ran c cleaner 4 times until i had nothing shown up and the same with the registry then went through all programs with 8 step and didnt have one issue at all so it seems to me you guys were right all along it was my gfx card issue but so far so good dont want to get too excited as im only 25 mins into a flight we will see how londg it lasts i will keep you guys posted thanks again if there is anything i can do for you let me know .

Regards Ross

Spoke to soon as sson as i posted the reply i didnt get the BSOD but i just got a white screen then i reset the cpu but i didnt get an error message saying you have recovered from a serious error so something has done something at least a bit positive

OK you are saying you ran updated MBAM and SAS and they found absolutely noting!

Next time post the logs!

Now do the below..

Deeply clean Temps and basic clean of Registry

Run CCleaner from the 8 Steps again twice or more on Cleanup temps, then on left click Registry then Scan for issues also repeat till clean.

Run ATF-Cleaner http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html Temp and Registry, repeatedly until no more found.

KCleaner ftp://ftp2.kcsoftwares.com/kcsoftwa/files/kcleaner.exe
Fantastic cleaner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The issues can and are likely found is in System Restore so do the below

Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk- System Restore and create a new Restore point. Name it "Cleanup at TechSpot".

Then Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk Cleanup
Click OK to accept C:
Select all Boxes
Then click More Options
Here click System Restore and OK to "Are you sure" and the OK to Run.

As this runs it clears all but the most recent Restore Point but it does one other thing that can contain infested files and a huge amount of disk space.

It clears what is known as Shadow copies which are used by specialized back up programs.

This is if you have the Volume Shadow Copy running which is the default.

Reboot before continuing below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download SDFix to Desktop.

http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe

On Desktop run SDdFix It will run (install) then close.

Then reboot into Safe Mode

As the computer starts up, tap the F8 key several times.

On the Boot menu Choose Safe Mode.

Click thu all the prompts to get to desktop.

At Desktop
My Computer C: drive. Double-click to open.

Look for a folder called SD Fix. Double-click to enter SD Fix.

Double-click to RunThis.bat. Type Y to begin.

SD Fix does its job.

When prompted hit the enter key to restart the computer

Your computer will reboot.

On normal restart the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then say Finished,
Hit the Enter key to end the script and load your desktop icons.

Once the desktop is up, the SDFix report will open on screen and also be saved to the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
Attach the Report.txt file to your next post.
=========================================
Download ComboFix

NOTE: If you have had ComboFix more than a few days old delete and re-download.

Get it here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html
Or here: http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

Double click combofix.exe follow the prompts.

Install Recovery Console if connected to the Internet!

When finished, it will open a log.
Attach the log and a new HJT log in your next reply.

Note: Do not click combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

I need to see these logs!

Mike

Ok mike thank you very much i will do all of the above and post all the logs that they submit so you can see them as it is valentines day the wife will slit my throat if i start this tonight as i am takin her snowboarding tomorrow so early start i shall have this done tomorrow night and will post the logs asap, once again i really appreciate you guys doing this for me.

Regards Ross

am in the process of doing the sdfix part and on restart when it is finishing malware check it keeps saying unable to open a 3 files by captain sim over and over again

here is my sdfix report as i couldnt finish the process as it kept sayin it couldnt open a few files over and over am about to do the others from the 8 step post

this is the combofix log still sdfix is sayin ti cannot open files

Finishing Malware Check

Please Be Patient As This Part May Take Several Minutes...

Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\Aerosoft - Eurowings 20
04 BAe 146 v3.exe"
Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\Aerosoft - Eurowings 20
04 BAe 146 v3.exe"
Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1.
exe"
Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1.
exe"
Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\Captain_Sim_757-300_blo
ck_300_Expansion_v.exe"
Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\CS 757 Block B v1.exe"
Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\CS 757 Block C v1.exe"
Unable to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\temp\SDFix_Filecheck\CS 757 Block E v1.exe"

No nothing there!

But the SDFix falures are from Ati_Tray_Tools_Beta_v1. I would uninstall this from Add/Remove programs.

and Aerosoft - Eurowings 20 from Bittorrent same I would uninstall.

CS 757 Block E v1.exe also from Bittorent

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back