Help required

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post( silly one). i am using xp sp2. suddnly yesterday i find that my all the desktop icons names appears with a blue color box. first i guess there will be some option through which i can restore the default. but i could not find any option. one of my friend told me its only because of virus. but i m using kaspersky 2009 and scan shows no virus. although it does not harming my system( i guess) but i am eager to know the reason and how to restore the default.

plz. help.

thanks in advance.

You must have changed your display settings.
Right-click your desktop, click properties, and change properties under the 'appearance' tab.
By the way... welcome to Techspot! :D

srno, please try this:

Open System in Control Panel > click Advanced tab > click Settings in the Performance section. Check the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option > Apply > Ok.

Courtesy Softwaretipsandtricks.

And the question isn't silly at all- same thing happens to a lot of people!
---------------
centurymeltdown, are you directing what you did as a 'fix' for the person who has the problem? I guess if you run enough programs, it MIGHT 'fix' some things- but that will depend on what the problem is and what 'a few other tools' are!

You're welcome. Thanks for the update. Don't ever feel that a question might be 'silly'. As far as I see, everything has happened to someone else! All we have to do is look for the fix someone figured out!

someone help here

can someone check the minidump files that i attached ... i have problems with BSOD... just help me... if u need more information i'm here :)... thx

can someone check the minidump files that i attached ... i have problems with BSOD... just help me... if u need more information i'm here :)... thx

You need to start a new thread, in the proper forum.
Asking another question on a different topic is only going to cause mass confusion for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back